Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 08:05 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 08:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1332 [0]
Given Kudos: 51
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Re: Need Last Month Tips!! [#permalink]
abhicoolmax wrote:
Good luck man! We are at the similar state, although you are a few steps ahead in the game.

Can't tell about Quant as I am not planning on touching that anytime soon. But for Verbal, I would recommend repeating OG12. It helps!

No man not quite ahead - we are on the same level.

My quant is fluctuating 48-50 . I need a 51!! coz I have reached a plateau on Verbal, which is yet to cross 40.
SC and CR is ok but RC is very uncertain - its like either you get the passage or you don't - if you get it, all your questions will be correct and if you don't, your screwed!

The best raw scores we can target is q50 and v42 that yields a 760!
and You sir, start taking mocks with AWA. Verbal gets killed because of fatigue, which we need to get used to! 3.5 hr test is a pain!

I have already finished off OG 12 twice - now I practically remember every single answer :?

Now the best option is the GMATPrep Document. Only that can help me further.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Hi akhileshgupta05,

Majority of the material that you mentioned relates to Quant. For Verbal you are left with LSAT papers and OG 10. Looking at your scores in seems like you can gain more by improving in Verbal as Q 50 in Manhattan is a good indicator that you can get Q 50-51 in actual exam.

1. What have you used so far for Verbal? MGMAT Q banks, Aristotle Prep stuff (RC, SC). RC 99 is quite useful, you can practice 3-4 passages everyday for the next 3-4 weeks. Also, GMATPrep questions posted on forum can be helpful. Perhaps also look at Jeff Sachmann's Verbal book just for questions.

2. For Quant, Extreme challenge set + Gmatclub test should keep you busy and raise your score.

3. Also, can you share your breakup from MGMAT CAT1 analysis? i.e. you have posted Q50 & V36 but your accuracy along with what level of difficulty did you answer successfully vs. unsuccessfully. That'll help to see where you can focus on in the next month.

I am currently way behind you and abhicoolmax. I still have to go through foundations of SC & CR along with some brushing up of quant areas (FDPs, word problems esp. DS). But taking MGMAT CAT1 was a good way for me to find out what to focus on in the coming weeks.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
vinayrsm wrote:
Hi akhileshgupta05,

Majority of the material that you mentioned relates to Quant. For Verbal you are left with LSAT papers and OG 10. Looking at your scores in seems like you can gain more by improving in Verbal as Q 50 in Manhattan is a good indicator that you can get Q 50-51 in actual exam.

1. What have you used so far for Verbal? MGMAT Q banks, Aristotle Prep stuff (RC, SC). RC 99 is quite useful, you can practice 3-4 passages everyday for the next 3-4 weeks. Also, GMATPrep questions posted on forum can be helpful. Perhaps also look at Jeff Sachmann's Verbal book just for questions.

2. For Quant, Extreme challenge set + Gmatclub test should keep you busy and raise your score.

3. Also, can you share your breakup from MGMAT CAT1 analysis? i.e. you have posted Q50 & V36 but your accuracy along with what level of difficulty did you answer successfully vs. unsuccessfully. That'll help to see where you can focus on in the next month.

I am currently way behind you and abhicoolmax. I still have to go through foundations of SC & CR along with some brushing up of quant areas (FDPs, word problems esp. DS). But taking MGMAT CAT1 was a good way for me to find out what to focus on in the coming weeks.

Since its the last month, I planned to avoid non-standard material!
As far as analysis is concerned in my MGMAT all quant questions were of 700-800 level, out of which I got 10 incorrect. and Verbal is low because the quant was soo difficult, I became tired and by verbal question 30 my brain had almost shutdown.
GMATPrep Q-7 mistakes V 8 mistakes. In Q out of 7, 5 were silly mistakes :evil: and verbal SC killed me. But I have improved in Verbal Since then.

Next MGMAT will be with the AWA, so hoping something about 720-730, else it will be epic fall!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Quote:
Since its the last month, I planned to avoid non-standard material!

I am not sure what you are referring as non-standard material. RC99 and SC grail are best prep material for RC and SC and fairly good in improving Verbal scores.
Quote:
As far as analysis is concerned in my MGMAT all quant questions were of 700-800 level, out of which I got 10 incorrect. and Verbal is low because the quant was soo difficult, I became tired and by verbal question 30 my brain had almost shutdown.

Yeah.. GMAT stamina. I read someone practiced back-to-back tests in order to just develop the stamina. did you take 8 min break between Quant and Verbal. You must do that and also do some neck exercises + splash cold water on face etc. seriously helps.
Quote:
GMATPrep Q-7 mistakes V 8 mistakes. In Q out of 7, 5 were silly mistakes :evil: and verbal SC killed me. But I have improved in Verbal Since then.

What about the difficulty levels of questions in SC, CR and RC that you got correct?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
vinayrsm wrote:
Quote:

What about the difficulty levels of questions in SC, CR and RC that you got correct?

GMATPrep doesnt show the difficulty level of questions - In all I got about 5 SCs, 1 RC and 2 CRs incorrect - out of which for 1 CR I knew the answer through some place I cant remember - so intentionally I marked the wrong answer to avoid score inflation.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sorry I meant difficulty levels of correct vs. incorrect for MGMAT CAT 1 Verbal (V36)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
vinayrsm wrote:
sorry I meant difficulty levels of correct vs. incorrect for MGMAT CAT 1 Verbal (V36)

Well mostly I got the 700-800 level SCs and RCs incorrect, some were of 600-700 level as well since I was exhausted. But none below that!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Good luck with your next MGMAT CAT. Let us know how you did.

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
My gmatclub tests accuracy for 10 tests has been about 80% - correct answers. Is it too low?

I am still plagued with silly mistakes but its reducing!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi Akhilesh, that means you are getting around 6-7 questions incorrect.. that sounds quite good to me. I have only taken 2 GMATClub Quant tests so far and if you are getting 30-31 questions correct you seem to be on track for Q51 but I'll leave it for the experts on this forum to comment on..

I think there is a thread that compares what people got in GMAT Club tests with their actual GMAT scores in Quant... try to search for that.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
What nonsense!

I took an MGMAT again, with AWA this time

Again a 710 !!!! Q49 V38 - very annoying!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
akhileshgupta05 wrote:
What nonsense!

Hi Akhilesh, calm down... (I understand that is easier said than done :) ) and lets look at the analysis.

1. Was is the first time you took AWA as well during CAT? If yes, that can explain a bit because the stamina will develop over time and this may have cost you some points in Verbal section.
2. Did you feel during Verbal that you are getting tried or unable to concentrate?
3. per topic analysis will perhaps show whether you made the mistakes in the same area as you did during your last MGMAT, it is possible you got questions in different areas wrong this time?

take a breather, relax a bit (watch a movie or some episode from your fav. show) and share the analysis with us.

Originally posted by vinayrsm on 20 Jul 2011, 02:54.
Last edited by vinayrsm on 20 Jul 2011, 03:23, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
akhileshgupta05 wrote:
What nonsense!

All the countless mock up tests I've done I NEVER EVER received more than 34 on Verbal - not even from GMAT prep ones, but I ended up getting 40 on Verbal....so I'm sure you'll do just fine. Good luck :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
kychoi87 wrote:
akhileshgupta05 wrote:
What nonsense!

All the countless mock up tests I've done I NEVER EVER received more than 34 on Verbal - not even from GMAT prep ones, but I ended up getting 40 on Verbal....so I'm sure you'll do just fine. Good luck :)

f'in A... Thanks for giving some motivation. I hope I can past 40 in GMATPrep... so that way I can get 45 in real GMAT :p jk..."only in my dreams" ;-)
GMAT Club Bot