GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Oct 2018, 13:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Last two weeks!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
CAT Tests
Last two weeks!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Oct 2018, 12:49
Hey guys, I’m still not feeling very confident in my abilities. I’m stronger on the quant than on the verbal. I’ve done a couple perp software programs (working through my second) and I’m feeling the discrepancy between the material presented and the official guide more and more.

I watched this video recently, and I was wondering if I should just go to the official guide and follow what he is saying? Should I stick with the official guide? Or focus on the quantitative and verbal reviews?

What do you guys think? How would you go about it?

Keep in mind I’ve got two weeks!

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
General GMAT Forum Moderator
V
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Last two weeks!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Oct 2018, 13:05
dtsoumpas wrote:
Hey guys, I’m still not feeling very confident in my abilities. I’m stronger on the quant than on the verbal. I’ve done a couple perp software programs (working through my second) and I’m feeling the discrepancy between the material presented and the official guide more and more.

I watched this video recently, and I was wondering if I should just go to the official guide and follow what he is saying? Should I stick with the official guide? Or focus on the quantitative and verbal reviews?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Hi dtsoumpas,

Welcome to GMATCLUB! In the last few weeks, after you are done with OG, taking a few mocks might help. Apart from the GMATPREP, Manhattan GMAT tests and Veritas Prep Tests in my experience have a good verbal and Quant section and will certainly help you point out and improve your weak areas.

Further another advantage of taking many mocks is to build up your stamina. Apart from the GMATPREP tests, taking practise tests of any major GMATPREP company ought to do that.

I would also encourage you to purchase the GMATPREP QP 1 for some great additional practice.

Hope this helps. All the best!

If you liked my post, kindly give me a Kudos. Thanks.

EMPOWERgmat Instructor
V
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170

Show Tags

New post 03 Oct 2018, 18:49
Hi dtsoumpas,

The Official Guide books are great sources for practice questions, but they're not designed to teach you Tactics, patterns or the little 'secrets' behind the GMAT. If your goal is to significantly improve your Scores, then you will likely need to do more than just work through some of those books. Before I can offer you the specific advice that you’re looking for, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) How long have you studied?
2) What study materials have you used so far?
3) How have you scored on EACH of your CATs (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

Goals:
4) What is your goal score?
5) What is your exact Test Date?
6) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
7) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

760+: Learn What GMAT Assassins Do to Score at the Highest Levels
Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/

*****Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!*****

SVP
SVP
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169

Show Tags

New post 03 Oct 2018, 19:01
dtsoumpas wrote:

At this stage, you should take one of the official practice tests, if you haven't already done so.

Ascore Prep | Live Online

e-GMAT Representative
G
Last two weeks!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Oct 2018, 01:45
Hi dtsoumpas,

As previously mentioned in this thread, you can work with OG since the time left is very little to drastically change the plan. However, I would recommend that you make your practice focused even with OG. You must identify the topics that need more improvement and work on those rather than studying everything randomly. You may follow the steps mentioned below:
    1. Take Ability Quiz in Scholaranium (Verbal Ability Quiz | Quant Ability Quiz)
    2. Isolate week topics in every section and work upon them using your current resources or e-GMAT Free Trial content or through practice in OG. While practicing you should make sure that you learn from every question. You must be able to figure out why a particular answer choice is correct and the others wrong.
    3. Track your improvement by taking another Ability Quiz and repeat the process until you reach your target abilities in section. You may use GMAT Planner to get the target sectional abilities required for your target score

Hope this helps. Please feel free to write to us at support@e-gmat.com for any further queries.

Regards,
Aditee

| '4 out of Top 5' Instructors on gmatclub | 70 point improvement guarantee | www.e-gmat.com

Target Test Prep Representative
P
Affiliations: Target Test Prep

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2018, 06:20
Hi dtsoumpas,

I’m glad you reached out, and I’m happy to help. Before I provide specific advice, it would be helpful to understand more regarding your situation with the GMAT. Once you respond to the questions already asked, I can provide some detailed advice.

Scott Woodbury-Stewart
Founder and CEO

GMAT Quant Self-Study Course
500+ lessons 3000+ practice problems 800+ HD solutions

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Last two weeks! &nbs [#permalink] 05 Oct 2018, 06:20

Last two weeks!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: souvonik2k

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap