GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Oct 2018, 08:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Level of questions to focus on

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B
Level of questions to focus on  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2018, 09:23
Hi all,

I scored an Q43 (50% percentile) in the quant section. I need to improve to Q47. Thus I was wondering on what type/difficulty level of questions I should focus on.
I read many posts, such as https://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-impro ... 41670.html. However I am not pretty sure what the range of question is.
Should I focus on the "hardest" questions, such as these https://gmatclub.com/forum/150-hardest- ... 04134.html?

Do you have an advice, e.g. focus on 600-700 and have them consistently correct. Become really familiar with 700+ questions, etc.

Thank you
Retired Moderator
V
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Level of questions to focus on  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2018, 04:21
undergrad555 wrote:
Hi all,

I scored an Q43 (50% percentile) in the quant section. I need to improve to Q47. Thus I was wondering on what type/difficulty level of questions I should focus on.
I read many posts, such as https://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-impro ... 41670.html. However I am not pretty sure what the range of question is.
Should I focus on the "hardest" questions, such as these https://gmatclub.com/forum/150-hardest- ... 04134.html?

Do you have an advice, e.g. focus on 600-700 and have them consistently correct. Become really familiar with 700+ questions, etc.

Thank you

Your answer lies in your question. Its really important that you focus on 600-700 and have them consistently correct. 75% questions that we get in GMAT are medium difficulty questions, and if you correctly answer them consistently, you can easily get Q47-Q48. Also focus on general areas than the advanced areas.

440 to 730: If I Can, You Can Too

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2018, 06:01
saswata4s wrote:
undergrad555 wrote:
Hi all,

Thank you

Your answer lies in your question. Its really important that you focus on 600-700 and have them consistently correct. 75% questions that we get in GMAT are medium difficulty questions, and if you correctly answer them consistently, you can easily get Q47-Q48. Also focus on general areas than the advanced areas.

Great, thanks for the above. Sounds reasonable. I am signing up for the GMAT Club Test. Since half of them are 700+ questions and half 500-700, I assume I have a good mixture of questions. I went through the OG twice and the OG Math also and when I am doing 30-question sessions, I have approx. 80% correct. So I guess time to switch to GMAT Club tests to get some new questions.
Retired Moderator
V

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2018, 06:05
Sounds good. Also I suggest you get the QP1. I found the quant questions tougher than OG and quite helpful. Best of luck. :thumbup:

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2018, 06:16
saswata4s wrote:
Sounds good. Also I suggest you get the QP1. I found the quant questions tougher than OG and quite helpful. Best of luck. :thumbup:

I assume QP1 is exam pack 1 from GMAC? Yes, I already purchased that. Thus, I will try to get exam pack 2 too to get 2 new fresh tests.
I am planning to give my next GMAT try at end of July, i.e. in 3 months with 1-2 hours studying per day. Hope that is sufficient.
Retired Moderator
V

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2018, 06:25
undergrad555 wrote:
saswata4s wrote:

I assume QP1 is exam pack 1 from GMAC? Yes, I already purchased that. Thus, I will try to get exam pack 2 too to get 2 new fresh tests.
I am planning to give my next GMAT try at end of July, i.e. in 3 months with 1-2 hours studying per day. Hope that is sufficient.

No, QP1 is Question Pack 1, Exam Pack 2 is EP2. I think 1 hour is less. 2-3 hours/day for 5 days/week, 1 day CAT and review CAT, and 1 day rest.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2018, 07:51
saswata4s wrote:
undergrad555 wrote:
saswata4s wrote:

No, QP1 is Question Pack 1, Exam Pack 2 is EP2. I think 1 hour is less. 2-3 hours/day for 5 days/week, 1 day CAT and review CAT, and 1 day rest.

Ah,ok. I assume GMAC's QP1 questions are different from the OG Quant Guide? Will definitely have a look at it.
Hehe, yea the more the better. However there's always a trade off between your family, job and the GMAT, especially when you are >30 years old ;)
Cheers
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Level of questions to focus on &nbs [#permalink] 20 Apr 2018, 07:51

Level of questions to focus on

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap