It is currently 17 Nov 2017, 10:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Listening records at a higher speed to improve listening skills

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Listening records at a higher speed to improve listening skills [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2017, 11:08
Hello everyone!

The practice I am trying to carry out is quite simple but I need the proper material. I am looking for records of conversation and lecture TOEFL like that I can download, carry in my phone and change the speed in which they are played so that I can get my ear used to quick talking and the regular-pace conversation will seem far slower to my perception.

I found the website english-test (google it), which contains many records that would suit me perfectly. However, I am not allowed to download the files, what it is a real pitty because there are quite a few, and if I cannot download them then I do not know how to change the speed.

I was wondering if someone can provide me with similar material. Please, send me a PM if necessary.

Thanks for your help!

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P

Kudos [?]: 224 [0], given: 97

Reviews Badge
Re: Listening records at a higher speed to improve listening skills [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2017, 01:16
Hi RooIgle,

You can use audio books to improve listening skills, I listen to ebooks when driving

+1 Kudos is the best way to say "Thank you!"

Intern
Intern

Re: Listening records at a higher speed to improve listening skills [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2017, 10:47
Search in youtube" toefl speaking practice" and "toefl listening practice". There you will get tons of practice for the speaking and listening section

King regards, Violab

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2017, 11:06
"Chicken Soup for the Soul" stories are also great to improve listening skills.

+1 Kudos is the best way to say "Thank you!"

Re: Listening records at a higher speed to improve listening skills   [#permalink] 06 Nov 2017, 11:06

Listening records at a higher speed to improve listening skills

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: carcass, subhashghosh

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap