Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 03:15 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 03:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel

LBS vs CBS

You may select 1 option
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
WE:Law (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Re: London Business School vs Columbia Business School [#permalink]
Kudos
From Asia.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
WE:Law (Investment Banking)
Send PM
MBA8717 wrote:
From Asia.

I would then take into consideration several aspects to make the decision:

1) How big the network and reputation of both schools is in both regions (London and your country). Just considering landing your first job in London, I am not pretty sure you will find it easier at LBS (just considering geography, on campus recruiting possibilities and network). However, I don't think it won't be possible to land a good one from CBS (unless you manage to get an exchange at LBS, it will require plenty of off-campus recruiting from a different continent).
2) How long will you like to stay in London before moving to your home country (As if it is a long time the university where you went will not be as important as your experience)
3) Lifestyle: NYC and London are very different cities with very different lifestyles: which want do you prefer? Also, you mention that your partner will find easier to get a visa to work in the UK (that is another very important factor to consider)
4) Fit: with what students/alumni/culture do you feel a higher fit?
5) Possibility of exchange to LBS from CBS. I know that LBS gives you alumnus status if you do an exchange there during your MBA. It would be interesting to consider how likely is that you get an exchange to LBS from CBS during few months. (However, I will not count on it to make the decision as I assume that exchange will be extremely competitive).

Hope it helps :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Send PM
I have the same question but for getting into investment banking post-MBA. I am from Europe (so no work permit issues in London). But I am still unclear how helpful is the LBS MBA for recruitment in IB, I mean are banks in London even hiring LBS MBA to associate level positions? Everyone I met at an event at LBS was either in/going to consulting or starting their own company, which is great of course but is there even relationship between LBS MBA and associate recruitment? Thank for any thoughts.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1131 posts