Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 20:09 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 20:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 340
GMAT 1: 600 Q45 V28 (Online)
GMAT 2: 620 Q48 V27
GMAT 3: 710 Q48 V39
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [1]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22073 [1]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72916 [3]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Looking for good targeted coaching to achieve a 150-200 point jump. [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Frankly, the score improvement intends to correlate with the effort there than a specific product... though usually people who improve the most tend to use several products but they use the prep purposefully.

Please note these things:
1. Nobody will take your interests more than you so you can’t count on a coach or coaching
2. You can’t delegate leadership and you can’t expect someone to do it for you as you want it. Again a coach won’t solve your problems magically.
3. Whatever you choose, evaluate your progress to avoid taking 5 months and getting zero improvement. The fact that you’re not improving, it should be clear to you within weeks. You also should not move past the topic and chapter you’re on unless you have mastered it. If you’re looking to improve 150 to 200 points, you need to make sure you get nine out of 10 questions right on every exercise. Official non-official, I don’t care, you need to get nine out of 10 questions right. If you’re not getting that many, you need to go back and do better.

Posted from my mobile device
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 3528 [0]
Given Kudos: 149
Schools: ISB
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
Re: Looking for good targeted coaching to achieve a 150-200 point jump. [#permalink]
Expert Reply
sam12rawat wrote:
I dont know if I'll make the Fall 2021 intake, but I would definitely like to try for an round 1 of the Spring 2022 intake.

I am just glad that you realize that the kind of upside that you are looking for, will take few months.

It gets disappointing to go through posts from test-takers who look for 5-day/10-day magic-pills to boost their scores by hundreds of points; there aren't any.
GMATWhiz Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 1802 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V40
Send PM
Re: Looking for good targeted coaching to achieve a 150-200 point jump. [#permalink]
Expert Reply
sam12rawat wrote:
Hi everyone.

I have been preparing for the GMAT since June 2020. I had targeted the Fall 2021 intake. Most of my preparation till date has been through self study. I tried the free trial version of e-gmat's course and also practised many questions from the gmatclub forums. Since September I have been working full time again and also trying to keep up with my studies. I took the first two official gmat practice tests in October and scored 530 and 560 respectively. That was truly disappointing because I had been home for five months (March to August) during the lockdown and despite having a job I had plenty of time to study, which I did, and still scored below 600. Yesterday I took my third official gmat practice test and scored a 510! It seems like I am making no progress even though during preparation it doesn't seem that bad. I am now looking to take some professional coaching for 2 months in order to target my weak areas and improve my score to a 700. I dont know if I'll make the Fall 2021 intake, but I would definitely like to try for an round 1 of the Spring 2022 intake.

Would appreciate some leads.

Thank you.

Hey sam12rawat,

It seems that you are not doing your prep in the right way. I would love to help you with your preparation but I would need a few more details to do that in a better way. I would like to know your approach towards solving questions and how to prepared for GMAT till now. All this background will help understand your concerns and challenges and will help me guide you better.

I would suggest that we get in touch over a call and have a detailed discussion regarding the same. You can use the below link to get in touch with me.

Click here to schedule a call
GMAT Club Bot