Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 13:44 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 13:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 32980 [5]
Given Kudos: 5780
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 709
Send PM
GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 32980 [1]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 408 [0]
Given Kudos: 1013
GPA: 4
WE:Analyst (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Lousia May Alcotts Little Women opens to a common scenariothe women [#permalink]
Hi Sajjad1994,

Can you please post the OE for Q3?

Thanks.
GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 32980 [0]
Send PM
Re: Lousia May Alcotts Little Women opens to a common scenariothe women [#permalink]
Expert Reply
ChandlerBong wrote:
Hi Sajjad1994,

Can you please post the OE for Q3?

Thanks.

Official Explanation

3. The passage implies which of the following about American society at the time that Little Women depicts?

Difficulty Level: 750

Explanation

The first statement is justified, as the first sentence states that the man of the house was at the warfront. The third statement must follow, because the passage states that men went out in public to conduct activities and returned home at night. The second statement, while quite possibly true, is not mentioned in the passage. The passage only states that Alcott glorified this condition in her novel, not that the entire society did so. Do not bring in outside information or make assumptions!

Answer: C
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 559 [0]
Given Kudos: 248
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33 (Online)
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
Send PM
Lousia May Alcotts Little Women opens to a common scenariothe women [#permalink]
Sajjad1994 please could you explain Q1. I don't see the "implications" of a work. The passage simply describes the literary work of an author
GRE Forum Moderator
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hoozan wrote:
Sajjad1994 please could you explain Q1. I don't see the "implications" of a work. The passage simply describes the literary work of an author

Official Explanation

1. The primary purpose of the passage is to

Difficulty Level: Vary Hard

Explanation

The passage describes the role of Alcott’s women in their society and briefly wonders about the author’s motivation.

(A) concerns only the last sentence of the passage.

(B) and (D) ignore that the passage discusses a novel rather than reality. (D) is also too broad and somewhat nonsensical since the passage concerns the past.

(E) misses the author’s tone — there is no indictment, merely a discussion.

Answer: C
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 559 [0]
Given Kudos: 248
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33 (Online)
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
Send PM
Sajjad1994 While I understand that this is hard level RC passage, I do have my reservations regarding the explanations given. What do you think?
GRE Forum Moderator
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hoozan wrote:
Sajjad1994 While I understand that this is hard level RC passage, I do have my reservations regarding the explanations given. What do you think?

This is official explanation provided by Manhattan Prep. Let me know your thoughts.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts
GRE Forum Moderator
13966 posts