It is currently 23 Nov 2017, 13:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Low GMAT Score Application Tips

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 4

Schools: DeGroote
Low GMAT Score Application Tips [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2017, 10:07
Edit: removed post

Last edited by canadagmatgirl on 23 Oct 2017, 05:03, edited 3 times in total.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Low GMAT Score Application Tips [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2017, 10:24
Why the rush? Keep retaking it until you get a better score. Time is your friend here, not your enemy.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2017, 10:33
Hi AtHomeMBA2005,

I don't want to miss out on this round of applications and wait until next year, I want to apply regardless.
McMaster does conditionally accept applicants if they like their application, and will ask them to rewrite the GMAT.

BSchool Thread Master
S

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 7

Concentration: Operations
Schools: Broad '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3
WE: Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2017, 10:53
Why do you want to do your mba now? If it is only because the company is paying, I do not suggest going there.

You are young, don't have management experience, and I think a part time mba is a waste of time for you *right now*

You only get one chance at an mba, don't do it for the sake of doing it now. Wait, study for your gmat, and do it when the time is right. The biggest benefit to the degree is the first job right afterwards. If you pursue this part time program and don't get a promotion (a large one) at your company which you are likely obligated to stay at, it is almost all for naught.

I don't want to be harsh, but it a lot of time and money that you'd be putting on the line. Make sure you are doing it for the right reasons

If you absolutely insist on applying, just do it. There isn't really anything you can do besides improving your gmat in this time frame. Part time programs take almost all applicants as long as their application makes sense

edit. Ivey is relatively close to you. kill it at the sales job, get another 100-120 points on your gmat, and you are a solid candidate there, at a much better school. Even though it is full time, I think this will hold a lot more value to your career than going to a part time program without years of management experience

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2017, 11:05
Hi cxa0897

Thank you for your input, but like I mentioned I will be applying regardless. To apply to attend another school would be difficult and I believe McMaster is still a reputable university, even though it is not top 5 in Canada. I don't want my MBA so I can leave my current company, it is a very good place to work (in Canada's top 100 employers). I would have to stay with them for a number a years after graduating from my MBA regardless.

The other universities are over an hour commute into a downtown busy city (forced to use public transit). It would be difficult and strenuous to try to work full-time and commute to go to school. It would be extremely stressful to balance it with work and home life.

BSchool Thread Master
S

Concentration: Operations
Schools: Broad '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3
WE: Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2017, 11:16
canadagmatgirl wrote:
Hi cxa0897

Thank you for your input, but like I mentioned I will be applying regardless. To apply to attend another school would be difficult and I believe McMaster is still a reputable university, even though it is not top 5 in Canada. I don't want my MBA so I can leave my current company, it is a very good place to work (in Canada's top 100 employers). I would have to stay with them for a number a years after graduating from my MBA regardless.

The other universities are over an hour commute into a downtown busy city (forced to use public transit). It would be difficult and strenuous to try to work full-time and commute to go to school. It would be extremely stressful to balance it with work and home life.

In that case there is really nothing you can do but apply. If you do decide to retake the test and score better, all it takes is an email with the scan of your new score to give them up an update.

If you get rejected, study and reapply next year. The gmat is very learnable, and if you invest the time you should do far better than your prior tests

Re: Low GMAT Score Application Tips   [#permalink] 21 Oct 2017, 11:16

Low GMAT Score Application Tips

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap