GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Oct 2019, 19:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Low GPA/High GMAT Top 10 Business School

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Low GPA/High GMAT Top 10 Business School  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2019, 04:00
Hello all,

I'm an engineering graduate from Canada's top University. I would like to have input on what my chances are of being admitted in one of the following schools: HEC, ESSEC, ESCP, Imperial, LBS and Bocconi. I am looking to apply to MiM but also to specialized energy masters (especially ESCP, Imperial and Bocconi),
Here is my profile:
cGPA: 2.94
GMAT: 730
Work experience: 1 year in 3 of the top energy companies in France in more business-focused areas
Extra-curricular: varsity sport athlete, engineering competitions, student-consulting association

My GPA is really low as I had a very rough start to university (I failed a total of 4 classes) because I lacked maturity and failed to take things into my hands and seek help. This 1st year is my biggest burden but also the biggest lesson I learned since the beginning of my academic career. I turned things around and since then, my GPA has been consistently improving especially in my last year where I achieve a 3.85 GPA and received an award for academic and athletic excellence (also have a 4.0 GPA in graduate classes). I have 2 recommendation letters from important professors of my department who have observed how much I improved since the beginning of my bachelor. I am know taking classes at Bocconi at the graduate level in energy and sustainability, on course to achieve an average of about 3.8/4.

Would love to have feedback on whether I have a realistic change at getting into a top B-School in MiM or specialized energy management masters.

Thanks a lot !
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
V
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT Date: 02-18-2019
GPA: 3.4
WE: Engineering (Consulting)
CAT Tests
Re: Low GPA/High GMAT Top 10 Business School  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2019, 08:27
LukaT wrote:
Hello all,

I'm an engineering graduate from Canada's top University. I would like to have input on what my chances are of being admitted in one of the following schools: HEC, ESSEC, ESCP, Imperial, LBS and Bocconi. I am looking to apply to MiM but also to specialized energy masters (especially ESCP, Imperial and Bocconi),
Here is my profile:
Work experience: 1 year in 3 of the top energy companies in France in more business-focused areas
Extra-curricular: varsity sport athlete, engineering competitions, student-consulting association

My GPA is really low as I had a very rough start to university (I failed a total of 4 classes) because I lacked maturity and failed to take things into my hands and seek help. This 1st year is my biggest burden but also the biggest lesson I learned since the beginning of my academic career. I turned things around and since then, my GPA has been consistently improving especially in my last year where I achieve a 3.85 GPA and received an award for academic and athletic excellence (also have a 4.0 GPA in graduate classes). I have 2 recommendation letters from important professors of my department who have observed how much I improved since the beginning of my bachelor. I am know taking classes at Bocconi at the graduate level in energy and sustainability, on course to achieve an average of about 3.8/4.

Would love to have feedback on whether I have a realistic change at getting into a top B-School in MiM or specialized energy management masters.

Thanks a lot !

With low GPA also there are chances to get admission in B school, for that you should have strong profile
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
D
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2019, 11:33
GPA and GMAT scores are just a few factors that the admission committee considers while shortlisting. Since the GPA score can not be changed now,focus on improving things that you can. Research on the other factors and do things that you genuinely wish to do.

Life at and after a business school can get really hectic. So,enjoy the journey and have some fun.

Best wishes!:)
Experts' Global Representative
S

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2019, 01:54
LukaT wrote:
Hello all,

Here is my profile:

Thanks a lot !

Hello LukaT,

GPA is only one of the factors that business schools consider while evaluating your profile. Though important, it is not the sole determinant of your chances. We suggest that you focus on those aspects of your profile that you control. Focus on your essays and use your Additional Information Essay to speak about your low GPA; do not make any excuses; instead, focus on how you have improved ever since and what you have learned in the process.

Good luck! :-)
$ 2Mn+ Scholarship Each Year Since 2010!
GMAT Prep | MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Low GPA/High GMAT Top 10 Business School   [#permalink] 25 Feb 2019, 01:54

Low GPA/High GMAT Top 10 Business School

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, Hatakekakashi