GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Dec 2018, 12:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
2526272829301
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
303112345
Open Detailed Calendar

LSE Management and Strategy or Imperial Economics and Strategy

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Feb 2018
Posts: 3
LSE Management and Strategy or Imperial Economics and Strategy  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2018, 13:29
Hello guys,

I've applied to both programs and I received positive answers. Now I will need to choose between these two programs:
- LSE : Management and Strategy
- Imperial College : Economics and Strategy for Business

I would like to work in a top consulting firms (MBB).
It is pretty hard for me to have a view of these 2 programs reputation as I am a foreign student.

What would you choose given my career goal ?

Thank you all
Current Student
avatar
S
Joined: 09 Mar 2017
Posts: 91
Location: Netherlands
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
Re: LSE Management and Strategy or Imperial Economics and Strategy  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2018, 14:37
Hi,

Congratulations for the admit!

Both are great schools, although I believed LSE has at least a slight edge over Imperial as a business school in terms of reputation and network. Imperial Business School is relatively new, and if you are targeting for MBB, I believe you should choose LSE for its more established network in the consulting/IB sector. By the way what is your profile if I may ask?

Sent from my SM-G935F using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Feb 2018
Posts: 3
Re: LSE Management and Strategy or Imperial Economics and Strategy  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2018, 14:55
jxav wrote:
Hi,

Congratulations for the admit!

Both are great schools, although I believed LSE has at least a slight edge over Imperial as a business school in terms of reputation and network. Imperial Business School is relatively new, and if you are targeting for MBB, I believe you should choose LSE for its more established network in the consulting/IB sector. By the way what is your profile if I may ask?



Thank you for your answer ! I will take it into account. So LSE all the way ?

I come from a top French engineering school (we call them "Grande Ecole") where I mainly learn Economics and Data Science. I have a great experience within a student board and other student associations but no work experience.
Current Student
avatar
S
Joined: 09 Mar 2017
Posts: 91
Location: Netherlands
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
Re: LSE Management and Strategy or Imperial Economics and Strategy  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2018, 15:06
HighlightReel wrote:
jxav wrote:
Hi,

Congratulations for the admit!

Both are great schools, although I believed LSE has at least a slight edge over Imperial as a business school in terms of reputation and network. Imperial Business School is relatively new, and if you are targeting for MBB, I believe you should choose LSE for its more established network in the consulting/IB sector. By the way what is your profile if I may ask?



Thank you for your answer ! I will take it into account. So LSE all the way ?

I come from a top French engineering school (we call them "Grande Ecole") where I mainly learn Economics and Data Science. I have a great experience within a student board and other student associations but no work experience.

I would say it is LSE all the way. Without considering scholarships, both universities cost nearly the same anyway. Internships in top companies will greatly boost your MBB chances as far as I know. I know that imperial Business School does have decent connections with firms, but I expect LSE to have even better or at least on par connections with large firms. Based on what I've noticed, LSE's name as a business school seems to be held in slightly higher regard across Europe, so going there will give you more alternatives as well. By the way do you need to do GMAT for those programs?

Sent from my SM-G935F using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Feb 2018
Posts: 3
Re: LSE Management and Strategy or Imperial Economics and Strategy  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2018, 15:19
jxav wrote:
HighlightReel wrote:
jxav wrote:
Hi,

Congratulations for the admit!

Both are great schools, although I believed LSE has at least a slight edge over Imperial as a business school in terms of reputation and network. Imperial Business School is relatively new, and if you are targeting for MBB, I believe you should choose LSE for its more established network in the consulting/IB sector. By the way what is your profile if I may ask?



Thank you for your answer ! I will take it into account. So LSE all the way ?

I come from a top French engineering school (we call them "Grande Ecole") where I mainly learn Economics and Data Science. I have a great experience within a student board and other student associations but no work experience.

I would say it is LSE all the way. Without considering scholarships, both universities cost nearly the same anyway. Internships in top companies will greatly boost your MBB chances as far as I know. I know that imperial Business School does have decent connections with firms, but I expect LSE to have even better or at least on par connections with large firms. Based on what I've noticed, LSE's name as a business school seems to be held in slightly higher regard across Europe, so going there will give you more alternatives as well. By the way do you need to do GMAT for those programs?



I was needed to take either the GRE or the GMAT. Personally I took the GRE (3.5/158/166), I was pretty disappointed with my quantitative score as with my scientific background I could easily expect a 170. But I was pleased with the 158 in Verbal as I am not a native speaker.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 22 Sep 2013
Posts: 273
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: LSE Management and Strategy or Imperial Economics and Strategy  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2018, 06:48
Hey HighlightReel,

LSE can be a pretty good call. Both schools have good connections with their consulting companies. LSE also has a better brand name as compared to Imperial.
LSE also has a host of Consulting societies to choose from if you’re a student. The LSESU Consulting Society has over 200 clubs, including ’180 degrees Consulting’, ‘Emerging Markets’, ‘Management and Strategy’, ‘Women in Business’.

You can check out the curriculum, the alumni and the consulting clubs of both LSE and Imperial, but LSE would be a better call.

Check out this review of LSE’s MiM program: http://www.mim-essay.com/imperial-college-mim-review/
And here is the review of Imperial’s MiM program: http://www.mim-essay.com/imperial-college-mim-review/

You can go through both the links. This will help you make your decision.
_________________

Abhyank Srinet
Founder at http://www.MiM-Essay.com

MSc. in Management(MiM) Admission Consultants

Get consultation from graduates of HEC, ESCP, ESSEC, LBS & Duke

Feel free to message me, if you have any MiM/MSc. related questions or want a detailed Free profile evaluation

GMAT Club Bot
Re: LSE Management and Strategy or Imperial Economics and Strategy &nbs [#permalink] 06 Mar 2018, 06:48
Display posts from previous: Sort by

LSE Management and Strategy or Imperial Economics and Strategy

  new topic post reply Update application status  


Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.