Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 06:12 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1367 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Main GMAT Score 660(Q48,V34), planning to retake [#permalink]
Hello Rich,

I studied GMAT for about 2 and half months, i majorly did OG and MGMAT guidebooks for verbal and MGMAT mock tests

Goals:
My goal score is anything above 730
I plan to apply for coming MBA admissions
The schools that i plan to apply to all fall at an average score of 700

Kindly advise
Rachit
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Rachit,

With a score goal of 730+, you're going to have to make some significant adjustments to how you handle BOTH the Quant and Verbal sections - and that work will likely take at least another 1-2 months of consistent, guided study. In addition, many Test Takers who end up using a 'book heavy' study plan end up getting 'stuck' at a particular score level. Since that may have happened to you, it's likely that you would need to invest in some new, non-book study materials to hit your score goal.

1) Going forward, how many hours do you think you can consistently study each week?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 32901 [0]
Given Kudos: 5777
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Expert Reply
rac632 wrote:
I gave my GMAT exam today, Mock scores for 4 previous exams - GMAT prep 690, gmat prep 690, Gmat prep 690, MGMAT 680- My main gmat score however is on the lower side 660 (Q48,V34), I am planning to give my exam again in another 3 months now, can some one suggest the right approach to me?

and also according to the section scores the total score seems less can someone also put some light on that too please?

Hi

In which school(s) you are going to apply?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2853 [1]
Given Kudos: 144
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Kudos
rac632 wrote:
I gave my GMAT exam today, Mock scores for 4 previous exams - GMAT prep 690, gmat prep 690, Gmat prep 690, MGMAT 680- My main gmat score however is on the lower side 660 (Q48,V34), I am planning to give my exam again in another 3 months now, can some one suggest the right approach to me?

and also according to the section scores the total score seems less can someone also put some light on that too please?

Hi rac632,

Do not be disheartened. GMAT does test your perseverance. 2 months should be good enough to achieve your dream score. It’s a good thing you have taken the GMAT once. You now know your weaknesses and can work on them. If you are willing to study dedicatedly for that period, you are sure to achieve your goal. I believe you may benefit from taking a GMATPREP course. If you are willing, there are some great GMAT prep companies that can help you with your preparation.

In order to make an informed decision I would highly encourage you to go to their websites and try on their free trial and decide for yourself which one do you like better. You try out free access to EmpowerGMAT, Magoosh and Optimus Prep as they have great reviews on GMATCLUB.

Also for verbal, I would highly encourage you to consider e-gmat verbal online or the e-gmat verbal live course. They are both amazing courses especially designed for non-natives. They offer almost 25% of their courses for free so you can try out their free trial to decide which one you want to go for. Plus the e-gmat Scholaranium which is included in both the courses is one of the best verbal practice tools in the market.

I must add that if you are particularly looking to discover and improve on your weak areas in quant; a subscription to GMATCLUB tests is the best way to do that. They are indeed phenomenal and will not only pinpoint your weak areas but also help you improve on them. Further taking multiple mocks might help. Apart from the GMATPREP, Veritas Prep Tests in my experience have a good verbal and Quant section and will certainly help you point out and improve your weak areas.

Further another advantage of taking many mocks is to build up your stamina. Apart from the GMATPREP tests, taking practise tests of any major GMATPREP company ought to do that.

I would also encourage you to purchase the latest version of OG and the verbal review for some great additional practice. Here is a link that will help you with your decision.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/best-gmat-ve ... 68383.html

Hope this helps. All the best.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi Rachit,

With a score goal of 730+, you're going to have to make some significant adjustments to how you handle BOTH the Quant and Verbal sections - and that work will likely take at least another 1-2 months of consistent, guided study. In addition, many Test Takers who end up using a 'book heavy' study plan end up getting 'stuck' at a particular score level. Since that may have happened to you, it's likely that you would need to invest in some new, non-book study materials to hit your score goal.

1) Going forward, how many hours do you think you can consistently study each week?

Rich

Hello Rich,
I am ready to make those structural changes to my study pattern for the GMAT

and i can spend about 25 hours each week on average for coming three months for preparation of GMAT

Regards,
Rachit
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello,
Thank you so much, this was really helpful, i would look into the trial versions of all these courses and then only make the decision. However when compared to the online course is the personal tutoring better

What do you suggest?

Regards,
Rachit
Intern
Intern
Send PM
SajjadAhmad wrote:
rac632 wrote:

Hi

In which school(s) you are going to apply?

Hello,

I plan to apply in Schools like NYU Stern, Berkeley HAAS, Columbia University, Tuck, ISB(India), Rotmans Business School(Canada), University of Melbourne(Australia),HEC (France), INSEAD

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
You may try taking the practice tests once again.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Rachit,

You've named some highly-competitive Schools, but I can assure you that your GMAT score IS in the 'acceptable range' for each of them (albeit at the lower end of the range). That having been said, there's no harm in retesting. Given everything that we've discussed, it's not clear whether you're looking at Round 1 or Round 2 application deadlines (but if you won't stop studying until you hit 730, then Round 2 makes more sense).

Based on everything that you’ve described, I think that you would find the EMPOWERgmat Total Score Booster to be quite helpful. Most of our clients complete that Study Plan in well under 2 months, so the time commitment wouldn't be that bad. We have a variety of free resources on our site (www.empowergmat.com), so you can 'test out' the Course before setting up an Account.

If you have any additional questions, then you can feel free to contact me directly.

Rich
GMAT Club Bot