GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Oct 2019, 04:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Manhattan GMAT Test - How close from real GMAT?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
Manhattan GMAT Test - How close from real GMAT?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2019, 08:34
Hi everyone!

Just done an MGMAT test, scoring a 690, which is in the range I'm used to score with the GMAC tests (usually around 680 - 710).
Now my concern is the following: in the quant section, i'm usually scoring 47-48, while here I scored 45.

So here is my question: is the MGMAT tougher on the quant? or is it just me that scored lower? Thanks in advance!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
V
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT Date: 02-18-2019
GPA: 3.4
WE: Engineering (Consulting)
CAT Tests
Re: Manhattan GMAT Test - How close from real GMAT?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2019, 08:42
iac00 wrote:
Hi everyone!

Just done an MGMAT test, scoring a 690, which is in the range I'm used to score with the GMAC tests (usually around 680 - 710).
Now my concern is the following: in the quant section, i'm usually scoring 47-48, while here I scored 45.

So here is my question: is the MGMAT tougher on the quant? or is it just me that scored lower? Thanks in advance!

Compared to GMAC test Mgmat tests are little tougher, you can expect 1 or 2 points improvement in real test.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2019, 09:04
mangamma wrote:
iac00 wrote:
Hi everyone!

Compared to GMAC test Mgmat tests are little tougher, you can expect 1 or 2 points improvement in real test.

Ok Thanks! I was surprised because during the test I thought the questions were challenging and I was telling myself "nice this is going great, i m getting tough questions", only to end up with a lower score so abit suprised hahaha
Target Test Prep Representative
D
Affiliations: Target Test Prep

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2019, 19:38
Hi iac00,

You ask a great question. Certainly, when you take practice tests from companies other than GMAC, you may find some variation in algorithms used and thus variations in your score. That said, how many total GMAC practice exams have you taken and what were the exact quant scores on each exam? Also, when is your actual GMAT?

Scott Woodbury-Stewart

Founder and CEO

Scott@TargetTestPrep.com
TTP - Target Test Prep Logo
122 Reviews

5-star rated online GMAT quant
self study course

See why Target Test Prep is the top rated GMAT quant course on GMAT Club. Read Our Reviews

If you find one of my posts helpful, please take a moment to click on the "Kudos" button.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2019, 00:06
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
Hi iac00,

You ask a great question. Certainly, when you take practice tests from companies other than GMAC, you may find some variation in algorithms used and thus variations in your score. That said, how many total GMAC practice exams have you taken and what were the exact quant scores on each exam? Also, when is your actual GMAT?

Hi Scott,

actual GMAT is next week. So far, I have only practiced with the GMAC exam. Thing is I passed the GMAT in January, not satisfied, did a little "month" break and got back to it.
I've done 3 tests since then, within the last 3 weeks, with the following quant scores:
- GMAC 48
- GMAC 48
- Manhattan Prep 45
CEO
CEO
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2019, 02:52
iac00 wrote:
Hi Scott,

actual GMAT is next week. So far, I have only practiced with the GMAC exam. Thing is I passed the GMAT in January, not satisfied, did a little "month" break and got back to it.
I've done 3 tests since then, within the last 3 weeks, with the following quant scores:
- GMAC 48
- GMAC 48
- Manhattan Prep 45
I wouldn't worry too much about that Q45 if I were you. The GMATPrep tests are the most reliable practice tests available. Just make sure that you don't "repeat" them (get one of the paid exam packs if you need to).

All the best!
B
Manhattan GMAT Test - How close from real GMAT?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2019, 08:31
AjiteshArun wrote:
iac00 wrote:
Hi Scott,

- GMAC 48
- GMAC 48
- Manhattan Prep 45
I wouldn't worry too much about that Q45 if I were you. The GMATPrep tests are the most reliable practice tests available. Just make sure that you don't "repeat" them (get one of the paid exam packs if you need to).

All the best!

Well I did them all 6 in December (GMAT in January without the socre I wanted) before redoing the 2 resetable ones now in March. In the 2 practice tests I did not come across any questions that I could remember or could identify as "repeated" from my practice in December, how should i consider that?
CEO
CEO
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2019, 23:40
iac00 wrote:
Well I did them all 6 in December (GMAT in January without the socre I wanted) before redoing the 2 resetable ones now in March. In the 2 practice tests I did not come across any questions that I could remember or could identify as "repeated" from my practice in December, how should i consider that?
That complicates things a little. The conservative approach would be to disregard any scores that a repeat test generates, but given that you are absolutely sure that there were no repeat questions, the score estimates should be reasonably accurate.
GMAT 1: 790 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2019, 16:19
It's common for people to say that the MPrep Quant is harder than the official GMAT quant, and relatively few people think that it's easier. There are various reasons this might be the case, but I wouldn't be at all worried about a very slightly lower MPrep quant score.

The score difference you're talking about could even just be a statistical blip - I'm not sure what the standard error is for each individual section of the test, but I suspect it's not less than 2 points.

Chelsey Cooley | Manhattan Prep | Seattle and Online

My latest GMAT blog posts | Suggestions for blog articles are always welcome!
Target Test Prep Representative
D
Affiliations: Target Test Prep

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2019, 18:37
Hi iac00,

Q48 on official practice exams is pretty great, so I agree that you do not need to worry about the Q45. If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out.

Scott Woodbury-Stewart

Founder and CEO

Scott@TargetTestPrep.com
TTP - Target Test Prep Logo
122 Reviews

5-star rated online GMAT quant
self study course

See why Target Test Prep is the top rated GMAT quant course on GMAT Club. Read Our Reviews

If you find one of my posts helpful, please take a moment to click on the "Kudos" button.

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Manhattan GMAT Test - How close from real GMAT?   [#permalink] 28 Mar 2019, 18:37

Manhattan GMAT Test - How close from real GMAT?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep