Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 03:41 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 03:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 200
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1441 [0]
Given Kudos: 994
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT Date: 02-18-2019
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22043 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Re: Manhattan GMAT Test - How close from real GMAT? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi iac00,

You ask a great question. Certainly, when you take practice tests from companies other than GMAC, you may find some variation in algorithms used and thus variations in your score. That said, how many total GMAC practice exams have you taken and what were the exact quant scores on each exam? Also, when is your actual GMAT?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
Hi iac00,

You ask a great question. Certainly, when you take practice tests from companies other than GMAC, you may find some variation in algorithms used and thus variations in your score. That said, how many total GMAC practice exams have you taken and what were the exact quant scores on each exam? Also, when is your actual GMAT?

Hi Scott,

actual GMAT is next week. So far, I have only practiced with the GMAC exam. Thing is I passed the GMAT in January, not satisfied, did a little "month" break and got back to it.
I've done 3 tests since then, within the last 3 weeks, with the following quant scores:
- GMAC 48
- GMAC 48
- Manhattan Prep 45
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4653 [0]
Given Kudos: 629
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Expert Reply
iac00 wrote:
Hi Scott,

actual GMAT is next week. So far, I have only practiced with the GMAC exam. Thing is I passed the GMAT in January, not satisfied, did a little "month" break and got back to it.
I've done 3 tests since then, within the last 3 weeks, with the following quant scores:
- GMAC 48
- GMAC 48
- Manhattan Prep 45
I wouldn't worry too much about that Q45 if I were you. The GMATPrep tests are the most reliable practice tests available. Just make sure that you don't "repeat" them (get one of the paid exam packs if you need to).

All the best!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manhattan GMAT Test - How close from real GMAT? [#permalink]
AjiteshArun wrote:
iac00 wrote:
Hi Scott,

- GMAC 48
- GMAC 48
- Manhattan Prep 45
I wouldn't worry too much about that Q45 if I were you. The GMATPrep tests are the most reliable practice tests available. Just make sure that you don't "repeat" them (get one of the paid exam packs if you need to).

All the best!

Well I did them all 6 in December (GMAT in January without the socre I wanted) before redoing the 2 resetable ones now in March. In the 2 practice tests I did not come across any questions that I could remember or could identify as "repeated" from my practice in December, how should i consider that?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4653 [0]
Given Kudos: 629
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Expert Reply
iac00 wrote:
Well I did them all 6 in December (GMAT in January without the socre I wanted) before redoing the 2 resetable ones now in March. In the 2 practice tests I did not come across any questions that I could remember or could identify as "repeated" from my practice in December, how should i consider that?
That complicates things a little. The conservative approach would be to disregard any scores that a repeat test generates, but given that you are absolutely sure that there were no repeat questions, the score estimates should be reasonably accurate.
Manhattan Prep Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 1541 [0]
Given Kudos: 115
GMAT 1: 790 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
It's common for people to say that the MPrep Quant is harder than the official GMAT quant, and relatively few people think that it's easier. There are various reasons this might be the case, but I wouldn't be at all worried about a very slightly lower MPrep quant score.

The score difference you're talking about could even just be a statistical blip - I'm not sure what the standard error is for each individual section of the test, but I suspect it's not less than 2 points.
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22043 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi iac00,

Q48 on official practice exams is pretty great, so I agree that you do not need to worry about the Q45. If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out.
GMAT Club Bot