GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Jun 2018, 12:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Manhattan Quant vs Real GMAT

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B
Manhattan Quant vs Real GMAT [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2018, 10:48
From what I read, Manhattan quant is tougher than the real test. I seem to be hitting low 40s in quant on the MGMAT CATs. Based on this what can I anticipate scoring on the real thing.

I am trying to determine if I should spend these next couple weeks focussing on verbal or quant.
VP
VP
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: 339 Q170 V169
Re: Manhattan Quant vs Real GMAT [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2018, 21:11
m94m wrote:
From what I read, Manhattan quant is tougher than the real test. I seem to be hitting low 40s in quant on the MGMAT CATs. Based on this what can I anticipate scoring on the real thing.

I am trying to determine if I should spend these next couple weeks focussing on verbal or quant.
It's hard to say. Can you try taking a GMATPrep? That should give you a better (but still not perfect) estimate of your current score.

Ascore Prep | Bangalore

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2018, 14:24
AjiteshArun wrote:
m94m wrote:

It's hard to say. Can you try taking a GMATPrep? That should give you a better (but still not perfect) estimate of your current score.

I took both GMATPrep exams the first couple weeks of studying, so I am worried that if I take them again I will just remember the answer and wouldnt be a great representation of my true score.
VP
VP
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: 339 Q170 V169

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2018, 18:47
m94m wrote:
I took both GMATPrep exams the first couple weeks of studying, so I am worried that if I take them again I will just remember the answer and wouldnt be a great representation of my true score.
You might want to invest in the exam packs, which will give you 4 more GMATPrep practice tests.

Ascore Prep | Bangalore

Intern
Intern
B
Premium Member
Manhattan Quant vs Real GMAT [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2018, 20:45
HI m94m,
YOUR QUANT ABILITY AS PER GMAT EXAM STANDARD CAN ONLY BE ESTABLISHED WITH THE GMAT PREP EXAMS,SO IF YOU CAN TAKE A PREP TEST PROVIDED BY THEM EITHER 02 FREE OR PAID(EXAM PACK 1 AND 2).SO APPEAR IN ONE OF THEM AT FULL LENGTH AND SEE WHERE DO YOU STAND.
HOPE THIS HELPS.
IF YOU LIKE THE REPLY,THEN REWARD ME WITH ONE KUDO,THANKS. :-)
Expert Post
Top Contributor
Director
Director
B
Affiliations: GMATQuantum

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2018, 07:29
Top Contributor
Hi m94m,

Yes, I would second the plan to take the official GMAT tests that are part of Exam Pack 1 and 2. That would give you the most accurate assessment of where you stand.

I often see test prep companies make questions difficult by making them ugly and tedious. This is not how GMAT designs the questions. In fact, many of the questions they write may seem easy on the surface, but the actual statistics reveals that they are actually difficult.

Cheers,
Dabral
Re: Manhattan Quant vs Real GMAT   [#permalink] 22 Jan 2018, 07:29

Manhattan Quant vs Real GMAT

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

HOT DEALS FOR JUNE
Math Revolution - $99/3 mo Free 1-month trial + Diagnostic Test
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
examPAL Full GMAT video course - Save 10%
EMPOWERgmat - $85/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month GMAT Prep Exams 3, 4, 5 & 6
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap