Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 12:54 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 332 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 332 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
jsnooky33 wrote:
I'm currently in the Manhattan GMAT class and it's awesome.

ur avatar is scary.

anyway, what do you think of the reading comp and critical reasoning for mgmat? reviewing the book, i thought their strategy was horrible.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
kidderek wrote:
jsnooky33 wrote:
I'm currently in the Manhattan GMAT class and it's awesome.

ur avatar is scary.

anyway, what do you think of the reading comp and critical reasoning for mgmat? reviewing the book, i thought their strategy was horrible.

Haha, it's definitely a weird avatar that made me laugh for some strange reason.

As far as the RC and CR methods, I think half of the advice is terrible and the other half is ok. They really want students to try diagramming (writing down a lot of info) but I am a slow writer and it just wasn't happening. This is the method that sucks.

However, they do teach you how to search out assumptions and conclusions and show you a good way to read RC passages. For example, for long RC passages only read the Intro and topic sentences while skimming the rest for the first read. This technique has worked surprisingly well. You don't get bogged down with details and can usually pick out the structure quickly. When a specific question comes up, you are then able to find out where the information is located based upon the structure and data you picked up while skimming.

Using their methods, I have jumped from V41 to V51 in practice tests, so something must be working.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37309 posts