GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Aug 2018, 19:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Master's in Solvay/Louvain/University of Zurich

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
Master's in Solvay/Louvain/University of Zurich  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jun 2018, 14:10
Hello,

I have received admission offer to pursue MSc in Management from Solvay Brussels School of Economics and Management and from Louvain School of Management. I have an offer from University of Zurich as well to pursue MA in Management and Economics. I am not really sure which one will be more rewarding and provide with better learning experience. Please suggest which program I should choose.

Regards.
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
G
Concentration: Finance
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Master's in Solvay/Louvain/University of Zurich  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jun 2018, 15:36
ranaazad27 wrote:
Hello,

I have received admission offer to pursue MSc in Management from Solvay Brussels School of Economics and Management and from Louvain School of Management. I have an offer from University of Zurich as well to pursue MA in Management and Economics. I am not really sure which one will be more rewarding and provide with better learning experience. Please suggest which program I should choose.

Regards.

Hi ranaazad27

Congrats on being admitted to those three European programs.

In short you should go to University of Zurich, without a doubt.

I would. :)

University of Zurich is by far better know, ranked and branded among those three schools.

That being said, Solvay Brussels School of Economics and Management and Louvain School of Management are good schools, just University of Zurich is better.

By attending University of Zurich you will join most elite ones in Europe in Economics game.

https://www.independent.co.uk/student/t ... 58746.html

http://uk.businessinsider.com/qs-rankin ... ord-896-15

It is not quite comparison apples to apple, by comparing management and economics programs, but in their section Solvay and Louvain are much lower ranked, as per World University Rankings - Masters In Management 2018, Solvay is placed 48. and Louvain was not in top 100 !

https://www.topmba.com/business-masters ... ement/2018

Another ranking by MIM-Compass, placed Solvay on 43. place and Louvain on 60. place.

https://www.mim-compass.com/rankings/

Keep in mind, that although this is master in management rankings, they mention only Masters in Business Engineering for both Solvay and Louvain, which is not your intended program.

This should be caveat for you and potentially red flag, that they didn't thought that from those two schools your program was worth of ranking.

This is also the case with Financial Times rankings of the MiM programs.

http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolra ... ement-2017

I assume you applied to those schools since you live in Belgium or you are close.

By Shanghai Ranking Zurich is ranked 54th globally and 15th in Europe.

By same rankings Université libre de Bruxelles/Solvay and Université catholique de Louvain are both ranked between 101-150. place.

QS World University Rankings ranked Zurich 57th globally and 14th in Europe, versus Université libre de Bruxelles/Solvay on 168. place, and Université catholique de Louvain on 153. place.

Moreover, Professional Ranking of World Universities (Based on the number of alumni listed among CEOs in the 500 largest worldwide companies) ranked University of Zurich 32nd globally and 10th in Europe.

Also, the Department of Economics at University of Zurich was ranked first in the German-speaking area.

That would be apples to apples comparison.

If you don't have some personal, money or family etc. reasons to go to Belgium schools, I would strongly advise you to go to University of Zurich.

Albert Einstein would be proud of you :cool: :student_man:

Hope this research helps you to decide !

Good luck, or should I say Viel Glück, or perhaps Bonne Chance ? :fingers_crossed:

Your kudos are much appreciated

Re: Master's in Solvay/Louvain/University of Zurich &nbs [#permalink] 30 Jun 2018, 15:36

Master's in Solvay/Louvain/University of Zurich

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap