It is currently 19 Nov 2017, 13:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Masters in Management.

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

CAT Tests
Masters in Management. [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2017, 03:16
I am an Indian having my bachelors in Mechanical Engineering. I have one and a half years of work experience in projects and leaderships. I am planning to opt for Masters in Management in Europe. If my post MIM goals are to be in Investment banking or Hedge funds, which schools will be suitable? please suggest at least 4-5 B-schools.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

Re: Masters in Management. [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2017, 09:25
criario wrote:
I am an Indian having my bachelors in Mechanical Engineering. I have one and a half years of work experience in projects and leaderships. I am planning to opt for Masters in Management in Europe. If my post MIM goals are to be in Investment banking or Hedge funds, which schools will be suitable? please suggest at least 4-5 B-schools.

If you aim for investment banking or hedge funds, maybe a Master in Finance would be more suitable? - although some MiM programs are quite accouting/finance-focused.

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2017, 09:58
eduaudax wrote:
criario wrote:

If you aim for investment banking or hedge funds, maybe a Master in Finance would be more suitable? - although some MiM programs are quite accouting/finance-focused.

Can you suggest 3 to 4 suitable B school for these programs?

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 5

Concentration: Finance, Strategy

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2017, 00:33
If you are looking for schools in Europe then you are eligible for Master's in finance (Pre-experience). Financial times has a whole blog dedicated to this section. HEC,EDHEC,ESSEC and ESCP would be good options as the immigration's policy in france is relatively friendly as compared to it's other European counterparts. LBS also has a Financial Analysis program which might be suitable for you. If you are looking for US schools, there's a lot of them and many programs are STEM certified.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 5

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 4

Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2017, 09:12
Hey there,

Being an Indian with an engineering background, you belong to a highly competitive pool of applicants and would need to ensure that your application stands out among your peers.

Having an engineering-oriented profile means that you have to showcase your interest in management as well as highlight reasons as to why you would like to switch to finance.
Having a few finance related internships is highly recommended if you want to go for a specialized course like Masters in Finance. Specialized Master’s degrees usually prefer some background in the subject either academically or through work experience.

Alternatively, you can go for a Masters in Management degree and pursue a specialization in finance.
Here, you can show a general orientation towards management, and this will work out well for you even in the absence of a background in finance.

If you want to get into Investment Banking and hedge funds, target the top 5 schools of the countries where you would like to work, because this is where the major companies come to recruit.All major companies come to tier-1 institutes for their recruitments , so check the school ranking as well as the visa & immigration laws of the host country before you short-list schools.
The ideal schools will be the global Top 10 schools like HEC Paris, ESSEC, LBS, Duke, RSM , IE etc.

To know if you’re profile fits your target schools, take our FREE PROFILE EVALUATION here : https://abhyank.typeform.com/to/tSey1j

It will give you a realistic idea about your profile, as well as your selection chances for your target schools.

Abhyank Srinet
Founder at http://www.MiM-Essay.com

MSc. in Management(MiM) Admission Consultants

Get consultation from graduates of HEC, ESCP, ESSEC, LBS & Duke

Feel free to message me, if you have any MiM/MSc. related questions or want a detailed Free profile evaluation

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 4

Re: Masters in Management.   [#permalink] 10 Nov 2017, 09:12

Masters in Management.

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap