GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 06 Dec 2019, 03:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

MBA 2020 Deadline for International students

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
MBA 2020 Deadline for International students  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2019, 14:42
Hello,

Is Round 3 open for international students? I mean being an international student can I apply in Round 3 for Top Universities in the US?
If yes, what are the chances of getting admitted. I read online that most top universities admit only 10% of the students in Round 3 and that too if the candidate profile is exceptional. Are there any universities who have a higher admission percentage?

Thanks
Manager
Manager
G
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: MBA 2020 Deadline for International students  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2019, 00:10
Harps wrote:
Hello,

Is Round 3 open for international students? I mean being an international student can I apply in Round 3 for Top Universities in the US?
If yes, what are the chances of getting admitted. I read online that most top universities admit only 10% of the students in Round 3 and that too if the candidate profile is exceptional. Are there any universities who have a higher admission percentage?

Thanks

Hi,

Round 3 is not recommenced for international students because there might be many cases when you wont get VISA on time. So it is preferred for an international student to get done with admissions by round 2.

Thanks
HEC & IMD School Moderator
G
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: HEC, IMD '22
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2019, 00:32
Hi,
BB has answered your question on the chat. Every one would recommend to avoid R3 for international students. The chances will be very tough and moreover tough for taking a visa if you already got an admit. You can apply next year in R1 which will give you enough time to make your overall profile stronger.

Harps wrote:
Hello,

Thanks

Experts - Bunuel | Chetan2u | GMATNinja | nightblade354 | SajjadAhmad | gmatbusters
Useful forums All you need for Quant | Quant Megathread
Beginners - (SC | CR | RC) | Megathreads - (SC Megathread | CR Megathread | RC Megathread)
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Leadership, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.99
WE: Information Technology (Insurance)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2019, 05:30
What is the disparity of odds between round2 and 3 for an international student except for the delay in the visa procedure?
HEC & IMD School Moderator
G
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: HEC, IMD '22
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2019, 06:45
sirihbs wrote:
What is the disparity of odds between round2 and 3 for an international student except for the delay in the visa procedure?

The number of seats left will be less. People who consider your targeted (priority choice) school as a safe school will target in later rounds. Obviously, you will have more competition. Assuming that, your profile is stretch/average and others have an impressive profile.

Just for an example: If your stretch/practical schools is XXX. Then you will apply to XXX in R1 and if things do not work out, you will move to safe school YYY in R2/R3. For some people, YYY will be stretch school and you will more chances there.

To conclude, if you think your overall profile is strong as compared to avg. class of the school, then you can go ahead and apply.
Experts - Bunuel | Chetan2u | GMATNinja | nightblade354 | SajjadAhmad | gmatbusters
Useful forums All you need for Quant | Quant Megathread
Beginners - (SC | CR | RC) | Megathreads - (SC Megathread | CR Megathread | RC Megathread)
GMAT Club Bot
Re: MBA 2020 Deadline for International students   [#permalink] 24 Nov 2019, 06:45

MBA 2020 Deadline for International students

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, Hatakekakashi