GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Oct 2018, 10:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Mba @28

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Mba @28  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2018, 04:47
Hi

I have worked as a cs executive for 16 months in IBM and then as a risk analyst for 3.5 years in amazon. I have 80 percent in class 10, 67 in class 12 and 70 percent on grad. My work experience is not from a technical backgrnd and was mostly towards operations. I have always wanted to do my mba from a good school and plan to give my gmat in november. I want to make a push towards a career in consulting. What are my options? What b schools should i target within 35 lacs inr? Going abroad is not a problem for me.

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
Re: Mba @28  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2018, 22:40
Hi

Thank you for your post. Your age is not a barrier, I am assuming you're thinking about this because your topic subject is MBA @ 28. The average age of most MBA programs is 28-29 years.
You have a nice profile and nice brands in your work ex. Non-tech background candidates are most welcomed as tech candidates are flooding the applicant pool.
Consulting is the most popular career choice of MBA applicants and most business schools have a good infrastructure to produce them. Almost all popular study destinations have business schools where you can pursue your MBA to get into consulting. Canada is the most popular choice right now. But you need to think long term before you shortlist your school of choice. Think post-MBA goals? Think of migration? And then narrow down on country/school.
Your budget of 35 lac is ~$50,000 US. Most MBA schools have $80-$100K tuition fee. So you're looking at scholarships. And to achieve scholarships you need a stellar application and very good GMAT score (think 700+). It is possible to do your MBA for free too. Hope this helps.

Deep A.
Chief Counselling Officer
http://www.EduSimplified.com

Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V30
GPA: 3.97
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Re: Mba @28  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2018, 03:58
When are you planning to take your GMAT?

Why do we fall?...So we can learn to pick ourselves up again

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Mba @28 &nbs [#permalink] 01 Oct 2018, 03:58

Mba @28

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap