GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Dec 2018, 13:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

MBA Admission Consultant - Who to work with and when?

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.57
MBA Admission Consultant - Who to work with and when?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2018, 07:27
Guys,

Will be starting my MBA application process soon - I am still very early in the game (have not even taken the GMAT but planning on taking my first one in early May).

When should I start reaching out to admissions consultant for R1? Now?
      Who should I work with: have narrowed down to Sandy K from HBS Guru (but heard that even though he will give you a good assessment of your chances, he will not be that helpful during the process in terms of essay ideas formation process, resume...) and MBAmission (between Katy Lewis and Liza Weale, who both have rave reviews on this forum). Who do you think I should go with?

Thanks guys!
      INSEAD Thread Master
      P
      Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
      Farrell D Hehn: MBA
      Re: MBA Admission Consultant - Who to work with and when?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2018, 19:15
      bondtradercu wrote:
      Guys,

Will be starting my MBA application process soon - I am still very early in the game (have not even taken the GMAT but planning on taking my first one in early May).

Who should I work with: have narrowed down to Sandy K from HBS Guru (but heard that even though he will give you a good assessment of your chances, he will not be that helpful during the process in terms of essay ideas formation process, resume...) and MBAmission (between Katy Lewis and Liza Weale, who both have rave reviews on this forum). Who do you think I should go with?

Thanks guys!

I have worked for a lot of these outfits and would offer that you might consider a privately held boutique firm. The money you pay will go to the consultant instead of the business owner, also, you will be working with someone who devotes themselves to this full-time rather than it being a side job on top of an already hectic career.

Farrell Dyan
          http://MBAPrepCoach.com
          "You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

mbaMission Admissions Consultant
          S

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2018, 09:13
          Hi bondtradercu
          Thanks for posting and for considering mbaMission! Choosing a consultant is a very personal choice and it's all about fit. To your question, my personal opinion is that you get the most out of a free consultation once you have a GMAT score. So I think what you could do is book a free consult right after your GMAT date. The only risk you run is that many consultants start to fill up for R1 by that time. Alternatively, if you have taken a number of full-length practice exams and are scoring fairly consistently, you can use that as the basis of a consultation.
          At mbaMission, we are full-time employees, just so you know! Happy to answer any other questions about us.
          Thanks and all the best for your GMAT and your apps!
          Krista

mbaMission Admissions Consultant

Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
          mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
          Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Ivy Groupe Admissions Consulting Representative
          S
          Status: Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Harvard Business School graduate and MBA admissions expert
          Affiliations: Harvard, Princeton

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2018, 10:06
          Hi there,

The benefit of reaching out to firms now is that there is plenty of time to speak with multiple consultants and then decide who is the best fit for you. Also, it never hurts to get started on developing your strategy early so that you can identify your weaknesses and start to work on them with time on your side!

Best,
          Shaifali

Ivy Groupe, Founder/CEO
          Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting

Blog: https://www.ivygroupe.com/blog
          Email: info@ivygroupe.com
          Phone: 646.801.5190

Click here for GMAT Club Reviews!

Admission Consultant
          G
          Affiliations: IvyLeagueEdge
          Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
          Schools: Yale (A)
          GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
          WE: Operations (Other)

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2018, 00:20
          bondtradercu wrote:
          Guys,

Thanks guys!

bondtradercu,
              My two cents...
              1. Work with someone who understands your industry and your ethnicity well, and can accordingly help you deal with the challenges.
              2. As Farrell pointed out, better to go with individuals than firms (ASK THEM how often will you be able to consult them?)

Pm us your resume for a detailed profile evaluation, and talk to us (free on GChat) to ask any questions that you may have FREE.

Worked in US & India, Located in New Delhi, Clients from World over

For a DETAILED & FREE profile evaluation PM your resume.

The Ivy League Edge (MBA - Yale SOM)
              Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/balkrishna/

Experts' Global Representative
              G

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2018, 04:54
              bondtradercu wrote:
              Guys,

Thanks guys!

Hi bondtradercu,

While there is still some time left for R1, it is a good idea to start reaching out to consultants already. Not only will you have enough time to figure out and compare but also enrol yourself with them for an organized profile building exercise. An early assessment of your candidature by consultants will give you some time to work on your weaker areas and build the best profile that you can put forward :) You could reach even before taking your GMAT :)

Hope this helps.

All the best!

Akanksha Baldawa
                  Experts' Global
                  Students from 20+ nationalities
                  Every 10th Indian in US top 50 is our student!
                  $ 2Mn+ Scholarship Each Year Since 2010!
                  GMAT Preparation Online | 15 GMAT Practice Tests
                  MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation

Intern
                  Intern
                  Schools: Booth '21 (A)

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2018, 21:36
                  Instead of suing admission consultants, I reached out to second years students who were willing to help!
                  GMAT Club Bot
                  Re: MBA Admission Consultant - Who to work with and when? &nbs [#permalink] 12 Dec 2018, 21:36

MBA Admission Consultant - Who to work with and when?

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap