It is currently 19 Aug 2017, 09:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MBA and Sports

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V39
Reviews Badge
MBA and Sports [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Aug 2016, 22:01
Hey guys, bit of a weird question here, was wondering if anyone could help me out.

Bit of background first, I used to row competitively through school and my undergrad, even won a national medal. However, around 4 years ago I suffered a pretty major back injury while training for an event and was forced to withdraw. Was basically told that I couldn't play competitive sports again. Anyway, I had to take a step back from literally all forms of exercise for the past 4 years, but lately I've been going through rehab, and I seem alright to start playing stuff casually for now.

Was just wondering what the scene was like for pursuing sports for a college team while studying for an MBA, specifically if someone has any insight into rowing it'd be amazing. Are there inter-departmental events, inter-college events, MBA vs MBA events etc?

Sorry for the long post, been checking online but I thought I'd check here. If it makes a difference, I'm not planning on applying until next year (batch of 2020).

Thanks for any responses!

TL;DR - Used to row competitively, slowly getting back. What's the scene for rowing (and sports in general) during an MBA

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
S

Kudos [?]: 219 [0], given: 0

Re: MBA and Sports [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2016, 16:45
I would say you will probably be relegated to intramural or club activities. You could also probably get involved in a coaching or volunteer capacity with the undergrads as well if that is also an interest. They would probably welcome your experience so that could help you scratch your itch

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Kudos [?]: 219 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
Stratus Admissions Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 69 [0], given: 32

Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge
Re: MBA and Sports [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2017, 04:24
AvalonQQ wrote:
Hey guys, bit of a weird question here, was wondering if anyone could help me out.
I"d say that you can do anything you can arrange! So if you want to research Rowing programs and reach out to coaches about how you could be involved- I'd say that is 100% on you! Good luck.

Bit of background first, I used to row competitively through school and my undergrad, even won a national medal. However, around 4 years ago I suffered a pretty major back injury while training for an event and was forced to withdraw. Was basically told that I couldn't play competitive sports again. Anyway, I had to take a step back from literally all forms of exercise for the past 4 years, but lately I've been going through rehab, and I seem alright to start playing stuff casually for now.

Was just wondering what the scene was like for pursuing sports for a college team while studying for an MBA, specifically if someone has any insight into rowing it'd be amazing. Are there inter-departmental events, inter-college events, MBA vs MBA events etc?

Sorry for the long post, been checking online but I thought I'd check here. If it makes a difference, I'm not planning on applying until next year (batch of 2020).

Thanks for any responses!

TL;DR - Used to row competitively, slowly getting back. What's the scene for rowing (and sports in general) during an MBA

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

Kudos [?]: 69 [0], given: 32

Re: MBA and Sports   [#permalink] 27 Jan 2017, 04:24