Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 12:36 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 12:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
MBA colleges [#permalink]
pank5 wrote:
Hi everyone. I am Pallavi from India. I did my Btech from IIT-BHU in Mechanical Engineering in 2010 and currently employed with NTPC Ltd ( Power Generating PSU). I have 8+ years of work ex in NTPC . I took GMAT in 2017 where i scored 670 only , but I am planning to try this year too. So, I need some advice on which colleges to pursue and what specializations to consider in MBA programs.

Hi pank5,

Its good that you are planning to take the MBA route towards a career transition. With an experience of 8+ years, it will be prudent to target the 1-year MBA programs at leading B-schools of India.
Participants in 1-year MBA program typically would bring in about 8-9 years of pre-MBA experience, looking to change career tracks post-MBA or target leadership roles in respective domains.
A score of 670 is decent. But considering that a significant number of aspirants figure from leading PSUs in India, your chances would be higher with a GMAT score of 700+.

That said, the GMAT score is often the qualifier, with admission at leading B-schools being on the basis of the overall profile presented, including GMAT score, academic track record, repute of grad institution (is it an IIT/NIT/other leading schools?), professional achievements, extra-curriculars, Essays / SOP, and performance in the PI round.

If you need guidance on shortlisting target schools or need help with any part of the journey towards a top tier MBA, please connect with us. To help you get started, we offer a free consultation here

Cheers!
Team - TopTier
GMAT Club Bot
MBA colleges [#permalink]