GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 25 Jan 2020, 01:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

MBA from IIM-B after Graduating from IGNOU

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
MBA from IIM-B after Graduating from IGNOU  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2019, 04:37
Hi Guys,

I had completed my Graduation through IGNOU and got 12 years of working experience in multinational organizations like wipro, xerox, ibm etc. Currently i am working as Deputy General manager for Pre-sales with one of the top 5 indian MNC. I am looking for pursuing MBA from any IIM, preferably IIM-B. Can you guys suggest me with below?

1- Will graduation from IGNOU will have major impact on the profile after good marks in GMAT?
2- Can you guys suggest me with pursuing MBA-part time from any IIM? Will it add any value to my profile? What is the minimum GMAT score i will need for this?
3- Anyone from Ignou got the admission in any IIM?

Please clarify as i want to start the pre-preparation and want to make sure i dont held up getting nothing after giving my 4-5 month of efforts.

Thanks
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
V
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Re: MBA from IIM-B after Graduating from IGNOU  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2019, 13:39
Hi yspintu,

You're ultimately asking Admissions questions, so you would likely find it beneficial to speak with an Admissions Expert about your overall profile and plans. There's a Forum full of those Experts here:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/ask-admissio ... tants-124/

Since it sounds like you're just beginning your studies, then it would be a good idea to take a FULL-LENGTH practice CAT Test; you can take 2 for free at www.mba.com (and they come with some additional practice materials). If you want to do a little studying first, so that you can familiarize yourself with the basic content and question types, then that's okay - but you shouldn't wait too long to take that initial CAT. That score will give us a good sense of your natural strengths and weaknesses and will help provide a basis for comparison as you continue to study. A FULL CAT takes about 3.5 hours to complete, so make sure that you've set aside enough time to take it in one sitting. Once you have those scores, you should report back here and we can come up with a study plan.

I'd like to know a bit more about your timeline and goals:
1) Do you have specific Score Goal?
2) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
3) Going forward, how many hours do you think you can consistently study each week?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

The Course Used By GMAT Club Moderators To Earn 750+

souvik101990 Score: 760 Q50 V42 ★★★★★
ENGRTOMBA2018 Score: 750 Q49 V44 ★★★★★
HEC & IMD School Moderator
P
Concentration: Leadership, Operations
Schools: HEC'22 (J), IMD '22
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Re: MBA from IIM-B after Graduating from IGNOU  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2019, 20:58
Hi yspintu ..
Welcome to Gmatclub. There are some thins which you need to clarify -
1. Why do you want to do MBA and why only from IIM's?
2. What is your future goal?
3. Do you want to stay in the same job or will move to some other company/function?

Answers for your questions:
1. The more GMAT score you get, the more is better to compete. The good score can easily justify that you can handle the academics. To avoid doubts of IGNOU, try scoring near 740
2. The regular or part time totally depends on you. If you want to move to a level above by showing an MBA from IIM and remain in the same company, then part time is enough. If you want to move to a different role/industry/function, then you should go for regular MBA. There is no such minimum gmat score but try to get at least 700
3. I do no know anyone who got into IIM but that does not mean that you can't get in

To conclude, getting into IIM is possible if you make your story good and get a good score.

yspintu wrote:
Hi Guys,

I had completed my Graduation through IGNOU and got 12 years of working experience in multinational organizations like wipro, xerox, ibm etc. Currently i am working as Deputy General manager for Pre-sales with one of the top 5 indian MNC. I am looking for pursuing MBA from any IIM, preferably IIM-B. Can you guys suggest me with below?

1- Will graduation from IGNOU will have major impact on the profile after good marks in GMAT?
2- Can you guys suggest me with pursuing MBA-part time from any IIM? Will it add any value to my profile? What is the minimum GMAT score i will need for this?
3- Anyone from Ignou got the admission in any IIM?

Please clarify as i want to start the pre-preparation and want to make sure i dont held up getting nothing after giving my 4-5 month of efforts.

Thanks

Experts - Bunuel | Chetan2u | GMATNinja | nightblade354 | SajjadAhmad | gmatbusters
Useful forums All you need for Quant | Quant Megathread
Beginners - (SC | CR | RC) | Megathreads - (SC Megathread | CR Megathread | RC Megathread)
GMAT Club Bot
Re: MBA from IIM-B after Graduating from IGNOU   [#permalink] 10 Dec 2019, 20:58

MBA from IIM-B after Graduating from IGNOU

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep