Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:18 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.53
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.53
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Re: MBA Major for my goals. Need help!! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
anmoltalwar1707 wrote:
GPA: 3.56( As per EIRF report) - 65.3% - Bachelor of Science in Electronics and Communication
Work Ex - 2 years and 11 months at HCL Technologies (awarded the best member of the team for 2 consecutive years) - Lead teams for multiple projects
5 months at British Telecom
Role - Technical support Engineer ( Cisco Network Engineer)
Extracurricular : singing is my hobby. I have participated in Indian Idol, a popular singing competition and cleared an internal round of the event.
started an initiative to plant trees around the globe. The initiative is called "plant a tree on every birthday". The members of the initiative plant trees on their respective birth dates.

Would like to know more specific Bschools and my chances.

JonAdmissionado wrote:
anmoltalwar1707 wrote:
Hi Team,

I am applying in round 1. Currently, I am working as an IT engineer.My short term post MBA goal is to work as a business analyst where I would act as a bridge between business and IT services. I would be understanding customer's business requirements and problems and solve their problems by bringing my team together and providing a right IT solution. I have an understanding of how IT works but need to have an in and out knowledge of business.

Total ex at time of joining the B School - 4years and 3 months.
Extra curricular - Strong
GMAT 690
nationality Indian

1) what are the safe and stretch schools for me?
2) What would be right major for me? Also I want to know if Business Analytics major is same as Business analysis.

Regards,
Anmol

Hey there Anmol,
I’d love to help you out but without more info it’s gonna be hard. Where do you work? What do you do? How quickly have you advanced? Do you have any leadership? What are your great achievements? Do you have notable community service or extra curriculars? Which school did you graduate from?

All of these will play important roles in your evaluation.

Given your basic background through, I'd suggest starting to look into schools in the 20-40 range.

Best,
Jon

And feel free to drop us a line for a more full-on Free Consultation: https://bit.ly/mbafcGC

Thanks for the additional info!
So I think what I wrote int he last post is pretty much about right. Top 20 schools are likely too tough, but anything within the 20-40/50 range (referring to US schools ranked by US News) should be about right for you. Other than that you should look into which programs you feel you would fit (And keep in mind location, which for schools in these rnking becomes even more important as placement tends to be regional).

I hope this helps!
Best,
JF
Moderator:
Admissionado
9216 posts