GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Feb 2019, 08:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in February
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Ace the EMBA

February 21, 2019

February 21, 2019

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

Learn how to create an outstanding application for top EMBA programs from an EMBA admissions expert.
  • Now accepting requests for consultations for 2019-2020!

February 22, 2019

February 22, 2019

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

The Vantage Point MBA team is now accepting requests for consultations for the 2019-2020 appplication season. We look forward to hearing from you!

MBA Profile Evaluation Request

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
MBA Profile Evaluation Request  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2019, 01:13
Hi everyone, I plan to apply for B-schools in 2019 i.e. will join in 2020. It would be great if I could receive some advice/assessment for my upcoming B-School applications:

Nationality: Indian
Degree: Undergrad in Engineering (B.E. in Computer Science) from BITS Pilani
GPA: 9.56/10 (top-5 of class) also Merit-Scholarship recipient
GMAT: 730 (Q: 50 | V: 36 | IR: 7 | AWA: 6)
TOEFL: (Yet to Take)
Work Experience: 2 Years at the time of application in a cloud technology company (1 promotion already, expecting one more in July-Aug 2019)
Post MBA Career Choice: Technology
Extracurricular: Several activities before and during studies (Including leadership roles managing 30+ people)
Volunteer: Couple of volunteer opportunities
1. founding a new chapter for a NGO and leading it
2. working as a product manager at a open-source organisation

Perspective Schools:
Harvard (MS/MBA)
MIT (LGO)
Kellog (MS/MBA)
Insead
LBS
Said (MS+MBA)
Ross
Tepper
McCombs
Foster
Anderson

It would be great to get some advice on chances at these schools and what should I do to improve my chances.
Thank you very much!
Intern
Intern
Re: MBA Profile Evaluation Request  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2019, 22:32
Hello

Please evaluate my profile for ISB

10th:82 % CBSE
12th:68% CBSE
Graduation: M.Tech .Integrated -Biotechnology-D.Y Patil Mumbai- 66%
Graduate Certificate-Marketing-Swinburne University, Melbourne, Australia-66%

GMAT-to be taken, anticipated score-700

Work Experience-

Sales Consultant-Wealth Partners Australia-1 year

- Within 6 months of joining was assigned a portfolio worth millions of dollars.
My role here was to analyse the client’s financial situation (Credit Analysis), calculating Net Disposable Income and providing advice on asset building , provide consolidation options of other debts like car loans, personal loans and credit card debts with home loans, Data management and lead generation using CRM,Assisting financial planners to present data to potential members.

I have given the company 300 plus new clients and assisted them to reduce loan terms from 30 to 15-20 years .

Portfolio Manager-Probe Group Australia-Client-Citibank-1.5 years

Managing a portfolio of debt accounts- Credit Cards and Personal Loans.
· Lost Customer discovery via Skip Trace using various software’s.
· Educating Customers with Escalations & Collection process, maintaining rapport for ongoing collections and maximum recovery.
· Responsible for generating and analysing collection reports.
· Assisting management in devising collection strategies according to client needs.
· Qualitative analysis of business process and providing business improvement suggestions to client. · Maintaining strict compliance and security for ongoing Portfolio as per ASIC industry standards.

Member Advisor-Certified Practicing Accountants-Australia -2.5 years

Provide sound and timely advice to prospective student queries for admissions, enrolments, advanced standing, special considerations, migration and Public Practice.
· Collating and analysing data from various outbound call campaign projects for each to provide feedback.
· Assisting management with designing and conducting pilot projects for niche consumer markets.
· Supporting the delivery of local networking and training events-for student recruitment.
· Develop and implement business strategies that drive member growth in the employer markets to achieve
targets, identify-opportunities for new business by contacting and engaging with potential partners, individuals, manage relationships with existing and new partners.
· Play a cross- functional role to record member feedback for current service protocols for continuous process improvement and business development.
Achievements:
· Won an award for best customer service.
· As an individual, consistently hit and surpassed monthly sales targets.
· Got the business a $ 150,000 in enrolments and activation project alone, with a Return on Investment of 350%.

Project Coordinator-Certified Practicing Accountants Australia

Plan, prioritise and maintain project activities aligned to each semester / exam delivery period for the CPA Program globally-ensuring clearly defined timelines, processes and schedules are maintained across the program streams and to Coordinate the operational activity required to support the development and delivery of certification exams including the CPA Program and Foundation level exams.

I have Effectively managed the coordination of two exam windows per year, covering the venue selection, capacity and market management for over 50,000 exam sits, across 80+ countries (up to 400 exam venues).

Was also responsible for Data analysis and reporting assisting in forecasting future events, Quality checks, Budget Management, Supplier Contract Management, Policy Writting, Provide ongoing operational support,information and advice to all front line facing teams to ensure they are provided with current knowledge of the exam scheduling process.
Apart from my primary role I have assisted
Learning and development, product development and Event Management teams to ensure Event suppliers are contracted (Master services agreement and SOWs) and fully aware of their deliverables.

Achievements:
· Managed the delivery of 30,000 exams in 2018 (Program and Foundation)
· Delivered exams in 93 countries across 417 venues
· Sourced 110 new venues to accommodate members
· Conducted detailed reviews of 106 special consideration applications classed as being exam related
· Supported 130 candidates who requested a reasonable adjustment.

Key Highlights:
-International Work Experience in Sales/Business Development/ Key Account Management/Project Management/Service/Training of junior staff.

Worked for Certified Practicing Accountants-Australia-a Non Profit organisation, it is one of the 16 member bodies of the International Federation of Accountants.

I have worked in the capacity of a Global Project Coordinator looking after the end to end operational delivery of CPA Program exams including Study Material Planning and Inventory Management, all international offices were coordinating with me in order to get resolutions in regard to exam delivery issues and processes.

I have looked after a very special Portfolio—“Reasonable Adjustments”- my role here was to assess applications from partially or fully handicapped students requesting adjustments to their study material and exams in order to complete the program successfully. It is in this capacity that I have assisted intelligent minds achieve their goals in life inspite of their physical or mental shortages.

Extra Curriculars:

I am learnt Bharatnatyam and have been awarded at State level for performances( this was a decade ago so I am not sure if this counts)

Currently I am a marathoner and a full time mother to a 2 year old

Thanks for reading the lengthy post.

Posted from my mobile device
Admissionado
P
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Re: MBA Profile Evaluation Request  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2019, 13:18
Rachitkansal, you've got some solid aspects to your candidacy and some challenges as well. Your biggest, challenge -- as you probably know -- is that you're coming from such a tough demographic, and at least based on what you shared here, the risk is that you will blend in with the crowd. Being an Indian male engineer is absolutely the toughest demographic to apply form when it comes to b-school apps. It's also one that tends to have very high GMAT scores (740+), strong undergrad education, work experience in the tech space, volunteer experience that often has something to do with an NGO, and career goals that are typically in the tech space (usually product management). (After tech, the m oct common path is consulting). So, while it sounds you've got great credentials, as you can see, your challenge is going to be to stand out from the crowd.

There are a number of ways to do that - your work experience is critical & you'll want to be sure to show the meaningful contributions you've made there (e.g. increasing revenue, cutting costs, developing innovative ideas that were implemented & had success, etc). It sounds like you've had some significant leadership experience, which is great & will help you differentiate yourself.

Your career goals are critical as well. You want to paint a clear picture for exactly what you hope to do post-MBA and WHY this is your passion. It is important to demonstrate that there is demand & grow potential for whatever you plan to do (which is typically an easy argument when it comes to tech), but at the same time, you can make a business case for all sorts of things, so it's critical to also make a case for why this particular path is your PASSION. Like I said, tech is a very common goal for your demographic, so in your case, you also want to look for ways to convey a unique story as much as possible. That might be in your focus (is it a less common niche within tech for example), in what you plan to accomplish (do you have a unique vision?) but also in how you talk about the reason for your passion.

In terms of school selection, you have a shot at top 10 but given the challenges of your demographic I'd make sure you have plenty of representation among schools in the 11-20 range as well. Tepper is a great one to target. In my experience, they tend to take more applicants from your demographic than many other schools. UNC would be one to consider as would Emory. UT Austin is a great choice - they have an awesome culture & it will also set you up well for a career in tech.

Definitely reach out if you'd like any support. Julie Bowman specializes in working with a lot of our Indian male engineering/tech applicants & could definitely help you craft a unique value proposition if you are looking for any help with your strategy and your apps. If you reach out to Claudia at Claudia@admissionado.com she can get you set up with a free consultation!

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

==

***NEW Admissionado Products & Services! ***

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Now, read up and get smart:

That'll get you started. Still have questions? Reach out, and let’s gab. 
Our only requirement is that you don’t prefer warm milk over cold milk. Everyone else, 100% welcome.

Email: claudia@admissionado.com
Young People: WhatsApp or WeChat (@JonFrankHBS)
Older: FacebookTwitterLinkedIn 
Oldest: 866-409-4753

MBA Profile Evaluation Request

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Admissionado

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap