Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 03:44 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 03:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 660 Q46 V35
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 660 Q46 V35
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 95 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Oxford
 Q44  V49
Send PM
Director
Director
Affiliations: Columbia, Wharton, LBS
Own Kudos [?]: 134 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Harvard, Stanford, LBS, Columbia, Wharton, HEC Paris
Send PM
Re: MBA with these tracks/concentrations [#permalink]
Since going for an MBA is a serious endeavor in terms of both financial and time investments, we advise you to go for the best ranking schools you can possibly get into while keeping some safety schools on your list. To have your own business in business analytics, it involves not only the technical skills; more importantly, marketing and management skills. We advise you look into the consulting firms which are known for its business analytics and the business schools they recruit at. We believe that business analytics is an area most of consulting firms cover, since it is the basis of many strategy consulting practices.

We offer various packages in MBA Admissions Consulting including a free evaluation to get started. Feel free to contact us for if you'd like help via PM or by emailing us at the number in our sig. Good luck!

Please visit our Web site for a complete list of admissions services. Please note that we are adding the following new services within the next few weeks: 1) Harvard 2+2 Dedicated Pack; 2) Analysis of Unsuccessful Application; 3) Scholarship Application Review; 4) Waitlist/Deferral Strategy Consultation; 5) Re-application Strategy Consultation.

Originally posted by ManhattanReview on 16 Feb 2010, 14:41.
Last edited by ManhattanReview on 28 Mar 2010, 10:48, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Economics / Statistics
Schools:Chicago Booth ($$$) , Sloan, Kellogg, Wharton
 Q48  V38
GPA: 3.95 undergrad
WE 1: Commercial Banking
WE 2: Computer Hardware
WE 3: MRO
Send PM
therockobama wrote:
Hello all,

I have recently started my b-school research. I would either like to start a company or work as a consultant, both in business analytics. I have sufficient technical education and experience in data mining and analytics. I was wondering if there is a program that will prepare me for achieving either of the objectives. [Please know that I'll be doing in my research too, but it would be nice if someone can offer a general direction] I necessarily don't need to take any more courses in analytics, but I definitely need to build entrepreneurial skills and good network in this field. Please do not scoff at my questions, as I have barely begun to understand the whole application process. Would location/ranking matter in such a case? If I am unable to start a start-up right off the bat, I am interested in working as a consultant for analytics solutions provider companies.

Does anyone here have similar goals or have already done so? Is someone here doing analytics post-MBA?

Thanks for your help.

TheRock

I do business analytics as well and am in the same boat as you. I was really turned on by Chicago Booth and MIT Sloan for a few reasons. #1, I thought they provided really good breadth AND depth for quantitative skills and functional business skills. #2, I think that more high-end quantitatively-inclined people (huge data sets, statistics, etc) are attracted to these schools so you may fit in better.

Oh, and my little secret - I may be interested in pursuing a PhD once I'm finished with the MBA (or a few years later). That makes the econometrics concentration at Booth so appealing.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
Math Expert
92901 posts
GMAT Tutor
1907 posts