It is currently 20 Sep 2017, 09:56

Happening Now:

MBA Chat with Michelle Miller, MBA Admission Expert

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MBA2U VS. MBA Fair Amsterdam - for European applicants

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

MBA2U VS. MBA Fair Amsterdam - for European applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Aug 2008, 12:55
Hi there,

has anybody heard of these two events? I was considering to attend one of them, but can’t figure which one is better. There’ll be more b-schools participating at MBA2U (Brussels), but it seems like the organization of the event in Amsterdam is better (hey, at least there’s an agenda!).
If somebody can give an opinion, I’m all ears!!

Also, is there anybody planning to go there?

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 83 [0], given: 0

Schools: Wharton, Booth, Stern
Re: MBA2U VS. MBA Fair Amsterdam - for European applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Aug 2008, 13:56
easysteps09 wrote:
Hi there,

has anybody heard of these two events? I was considering to attend one of them, but can’t figure which one is better. There’ll be more b-schools participating at MBA2U (Brussels), but it seems like the organization of the event in Amsterdam is better (hey, at least there’s an agenda!).
If somebody can give an opinion, I’m all ears!!

Also, is there anybody planning to go there?

The only thing I know is that MBA2U is organised by McK (or maybe not, but they are definitively very closely implicated in the process). I'd do both honestly if you don't live too far (being from Brussels, I'm biased since everything seems close :-D ). Which schools will be there?

It also depends on what kind of career you are looking for: I imagine that there will be a couple of alumni there to chat with you (I'm guessing here), and since MBA2U is closely tied to McK, I suspect that there will be a bias towards the people interested in consulting (and even in that group you'll have a heavy McK bias). This is particularly striking when you look at the alumni who are going to be there: I know a couple of guys on that list (it's on the website) and they are almost all McK boys or at least consulting boys. If that's your thing, good, if not, maybe you should consider something else.

Why don't you contact the person in charge of the MBA2U thing? (Christel Hablis). She'll definitively be able to help you out. Her name and email / phone number are on the website http://www.mba2u.org.

Wharton admits, join the rugby team!! It'll be by far the best experience of your MBA life

Kudos [?]: 83 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Re: MBA2U VS. MBA Fair Amsterdam - for European applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Aug 2008, 07:09
Audio, thanx for your hints!! Actually, my career goals are geared towards brand management and I'm interested in participating to one of the two events because both Kellogg and Fuqua (probably the two b-schools with the best mktg program reputation) will be there. I look forward assisting to their presentation and have a chat with their representatives. I think I'll drop a line to the name you suggested to have further information about the Brussels event.

For the moderators, why has this post been moved from "the b-school application" page? Did I break some rule or offend someone? My only intention was to gather information about the convenience of the two events and possibly interact with people intended to go there.

Re: MBA2U VS. MBA Fair Amsterdam - for European applicants   [#permalink] 12 Aug 2008, 07:09