Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 01:05 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 01:05

Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 15, 23
Online with Student
Interviewed on:
Nov 16, 23
Final Decision:
Denied with Interview
"Hi, I had my Optional Peer Interview with a second-year McCombs student. It was relatively much easier than one with an AdCom member. No specific questions. Just Tell me About Yourself, post-MBA goals, and why McCombs. After that, it was an open question-answer discussion. I asked 3-4 questions and she provided whatever information she had about those areas. I felt this was much more natural, however, that was expected considering it was a Peer Interview without any direct Behavioural questions, and more of an opportunity for me to ask questions w.r.t. the program and student experiences."
This user wants to stay Private
4.3 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 14, 23
Online with Student
Interviewed on:
Oct 24, 23
"It was super quick though just 20 mins and rest of the time was given for me to ask questions ~ if any for about 10 mins The questions were again like any general mba interview, nothing that I found different or weird. I think it’s important to have the story in our mind clear and research about the school. We should be good! Hope that helps"
India
Full Time MBA
Online with Student
Interviewed on:
Nov 6, 23
"Had my peer to peer interview today. I Was asked just 2 basic questions. Why MBA and why McCombs. Rest of the time was given to me to ask all the questions I have about the mba experience."
Full Time MBA
Online with Student
Interviewed on:
Oct 20, 23
"Yes mine was last week. It was more of interview/qna for me. Asked 2 questions Tell me something about yourself. Why MBA? And then the rest was do you have any questions for me wrt to McCombs. Pretty conversational. It’s a peer interview so these are going to be current students."
Full Time MBA
Online with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Oct 20, 23
"My kira: 1 - Introduce yourself. 2 - Short-term & Plan-B 3 - Tell us about a time when you stood up for someone who you felt was being mistreated. 4 - Tell us about a time you were creative in solving a complex problem. How were you able to accomplish this, and why was it important to you? 5 - TMAT big project, something changed at last minute and how did you respond or something"
Full Time MBA
Online with Student
Interviewed on:
Oct 19, 23
"I just finished mine. They are pretty straightforward. 1. introduce yourself to class 2. tell me about a time you helped a team member disrespected 3.what is your short term goal/plan B etc."
Full Time MBA
Online with Student
Interviewed on:
Oct 18, 23
"Hello All, I’ve just completed my optional peer interview. Debrief on what was asked 1. Could you run me through your resume and work experience 2. Why McCombs 3. What Clubs would you be interested in joining if you are admitted 4. What challenge do you think you will face, if you join McCombs 5. Why did you chose to go for an MBA now 6. Do you have any questions for the interviewer."
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Oct 31, 23
Online with Student
Interviewed on:
Oct 31, 23
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"1. Tell me about yourself 2. Why MBA? 3.Why McCombs? 4. What is the most challenging problem you have ever faced ? 5.Follow-up questions regarding my Post- MBA goals 6.Any questions for the interviewer?"
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Jan 13, 23
Interviewed on:
Jan 13, 23
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"Questions for the video assessment Tell us about a time when you overcommitted yourself to multiple initiatives or responsibilities and failed to deliver on some of them. How did you react to this situation? What were your next steps and what was the outcome? How does an MBA from Texas McCombs fit into your professional trajectory? Tell us about a time when you stood up for someone who you felt was being mistreated. How did you navigate this situation? How did that person respond? Please tell me about a time when you worked in a team environment with individuals who had difficulty collaborating. How did you approach the situation and what was the outcome? Tell us about a time you had to consider a lot of different information to solve a complex problem. How were you able to accomplish this and why was it important to you? Please be specific and detailed in your response. Walk us through your short-term goals after obtaining your MBA from Texas McCombs. If your goals do not materialize, what other positions or industries would you consider post-MBA employment? What drives you outside of your work or career? Explain why it motivates you."
3.3 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Oct 21, 22
Interviewed on:
Oct 21, 22
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"Questions for the video assessment: 1. How does McCombs MBA program fit into your professional journey? 2. TMAT when you had someone in your team who wasn't lifting his/her weight. What did you do? 3. TMAT when you received poor feedback for a job you felt you did well. What was your response? 4. Tell me about something you like to do outside your work (I mentioned my volunteering experience) 5. ST goals + Plan B 6. Tell me about a time when you were in a challenging situation 7. Tell me about your greatest achievement."
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Oct 19, 22
Interviewed on:
Oct 20, 22
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"The new video assessment questions: 1. TMAT when you received poor feedback/criticism for a job you felt you did well 2. TMAT when you had to motivate a shy/introvert person in your team 3. The most complex task you had to perform and the outcome of it 4. TMAT when the team morale was low and what steps did you take to overcome it 5. What are your interests and hobbies? What do you gain from it? 6. What activities will you engage in outside classroom courses at McCombs? 7. Short term goals and what is your backup plan?"
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Oct 16, 22
Interviewed on:
Oct 17, 22
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Questions: 1. Short term goals + Plan B 2. TMAT when you had someone in your team who wasn't lifting his/her weight. What did you do? 3. TMAT your supervisor/colleague misunderstood you. What did you do? 4. TMAT when you had to innovate during a complex problem. How did you do it? Be detailed but precise. 5. TMAT when someone in your team was mistreated and what was your response? 6. How does McCombs MBA program fit into your professional journey? 7. What are your interests and hobbies? And why?"
6.7 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Oct 2, 22
Interviewed on:
Oct 1, 22
Final Decision:
Waitlisted with Interview
"This was the new video assessment McCombs has introduced and will replace the conventional 'interviews by invite' system used prevalently. Everyone submitting the application has to go through one. Each question is presented by a pre-recorded video. 30 seconds for prep and 03 minutes to speak for each answer. No second chances or attempts. Questions asked (not ad verbatim): 1. What is your short term goal and why. What is your backup plan in case the short term plan and why. How do these plans fit in with your background. 2. TMAT you had to overcome challenges when working with a diverse team and practice inclusivity. How did they feel about it. What was the Outcome? 3. TMAT when you had to change your plans at the last moment and how you handled the situation. What was the result? 4. What do you do in your free time and what do you gain from it? 5. Some question revolving about why McCombs. Don't remember the specific prompt. 6. What is your biggest passion outside of work, and why? 7. What makes you unique and how will you contribute to the class and McCombs community? Please be specific in your answer. I didn't get stuck, freeze or get nervous, but I took the assessment cold, thinking wrongly that it would be completely behavioral (Don't ask why!), and ended up rambling at times and repeating points. Bombed it, by my estimate. Overall, very conventional questions. Good preparation will work wonders."
8 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Mar 14, 22
Interviewed on:
Mar 4, 22
Final Decision:
""Had an interview with current dual degree student for 35 min and then 10 min Q&A. Interview was conversational and engaging. 1. Walk me through your resume. 2. What was the major challenge you overcome to reach where you are today in your career. 3. TMAT when you have to deal with a diverse team. What did you learn from them? 4. Short-term and long-term goals. 5. Plan B? 6. Why McCombs? 7. What clubs do you plan to join? 8. Tell me about a time when someone gave you constructive feedback. 9. What are the strengths and weaknesses of your application? 10. What did you learn about yourself from your application process? 11. how do you intend to contribute to mccombs community 14. Any questions for me. The interview went pretty well and there is no need to feel nervous because the interviewer was probably in the same situation before. Waiting for the decision. Hope this helps!"
4 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 18, 22
Interviewed on:
Feb 18, 22
Final Decision:
Admitted from WL
"Had an interview for 45 min and then 5-10 min Q&A. Interview was conversational. 1. Walk me through your resume. 2. TMAT where you had to solve a unique problem. What did you learn from it? 3. What was the major challenge you overcome to reach where you are today in your career. 4. Short-term and long-term goals. 5. Plan B 6. Why McCombs? 7. Which other schools did you apply for? 8. What clubs do you plan to join? 9. Tell me about a time when someone gave you constructive feedback. 10. TMAT when you have to deal with a diverse team. What did you learn from them? 11. What are the strengths and weaknesses of your application? 12. What did you learn about yourself from your application process? 13. What do you like to do outside your work? 14. Any questions for me. Hope this helps. Good luck!"
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 2, 21
Interviewed on:
Nov 1, 21
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"My Interview was scheduled with 2nd year student and it lasted 45 minutes with his introduction and before he jumped into question we discussed about Diwali and Halloween. He didn't ask too many behavioural questions to me as I have seen in others debrief because we ended up discussing something else. My Interview was so smooth and conversational, I totally enjoyed it. So far the question he asked that I remember is 1. I have gone through your resume last night. Could you please walk me through it. 2. If your startup is doing very well then why do you want to do an MBA at this point? 3. Short term and long term goal and if my startup will fail what other options I'll have ? 4. How will you describe leadership? Any example of how you have led a group through an uncertain time? 5. How and why you choose McCombs? why Not others business schools? 6. 2-3 questions related to my travelling as I'm a travel blogger like what was your favourite country so far and why it is special for you? Which places you'll suggest me to visit in Asia etc. 7. What leadership roles will you take at McCombs? How do you see yourself getting involved on campus? 8. Strongest & Weakest part of the application 9. What did you learn about yourself during the application process 10. What do you do in free time( ques frame was totally different) 11 I'm sure you have lots of story to tell so anything else you want to share with me that can be valuable for your candidacy. 12. At this point I have got all the important information about you that I can provide to Adcoms. Any question you have for me ?"
4 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Oct 29, 21
Interviewed on:
Oct 28, 21
Final Decision:
"1.I looked through your resume last night and this morning. Could you walk me through your cv and highlight what skills you have developed since leaving college? 2.Walk me through an instance when encountered a unique business problem or challenge that you had to solve 3.Can you describe an example of how you have led a group through an uncertain time 4.Why have you decided to get an MBA now and why McCombs 5.How do you envision yourself getting involved here in McCombs and how do you intend to leave it better than you met it? 6.What have you learnt about yourself through this MBA application process? 7.Any questions for me?"
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Oct 25, 21
Interviewed on:
Oct 25, 21
Final Decision:
Denied with Interview
"I concluded my McCombs interview 15 minutes ago. I submitted my application on 5 Oct and received an invitation to interview on Thursday 21 Oct. In scheduling, I picked a yr 2 student as opposed to an alum. * Could you walk me through your cv? * How would you describe your leadership skill? * Tell me about a time you navigated through ambiguity * St And Lt goal. What other option would you embark upon if your St goal doesn’t materialise at McCombs? * Why Now? * Why MBA? * What leadership roles will you take at McCombs? / how do you see yourself getting involved on campus? * Tell me about a time when you worked in a diverse team, what you enjoyed, what was challenging * What other schools did you choose? * How would your background help contribute to the experience in your MBA? * What do you consider a weakness in your MBA application? * The most constructive feedback I have received * Fun fact about me * What are your hobbies? * Any questions for me?"
15.7 years
Nigeria
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Jan 29, 21
Interviewed on:
Nov 13, 20
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Interviewer - Paul Peterson (2nd year Student + Veteran) Duration - 60 mins It was a great conversation with Paul, who had seen nothing but my resume. He asked me the following set of questions: 1. Introduce yourself 2. Current role explained further 3. A Time when I worked in a diverse culture. What did you learn? 4. Why MBA & Why now? 5. Why McCombs? 6. Short & Long Term goal 7. What will you contribute to McCombs 8. Clubs you wish to be associated with at McCombs 9. Which 3 specific companies I wish to work for after McCombs 10. Plan B 11. Any specific company for Plan B 12. Strongest & Weakest part of the application 13. What did you learn about yourself during the application process 14. A time when you worked in a challenging situation 15. A time when you mentored or helped someone 16. Any questions from my side Hope this helps...All the Best!"
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 22, 20
Interviewed on:
Nov 16, 20
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Interview experience was exactly the same what many candidates have written below. No other question was asked, so I am not posting the same set of questions again. It went for 40-50 minutes. I need to give same answers for a couple of questions. Overall the experience was good."