Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 04:37 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 04:37

Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 6, 24
Online with Student
Interviewed on:
Feb 6, 24
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"I just completed my Admissions interview for the Full-Time MBA intake for Fall'24. My interviewer was Samuel Golub, a second-year student at McDonough pursuing a Finance concentration. It was pretty much standard, with some cross-questioning based on my response, and it went on for about 30 minutes. Below questions were asked - 1. TMAY / Walk me through your Resume. There was a small counter-question about one of the personal interest things I had mentioned. 2. What are your immediate short-term goals and your long-term goals? Also, talk a bit about your Plan B in case Plan A does not work out. 3. Why McDonough? 4. McDonough is big on Collaboration and Diversity. Share your experiences or hiccups around both. Then, there was a counter-question on the 'cultural and geographical shock' I had mentioned, asking how I changed my strategy or thoughts after that experience. 5. McDonough's MBA requires strong quantitative capabilities. Do you have a background and experience utilizing quantitative skills, or how do you plan on improving if not? 6. TMAT when you put aside your personal goals or benefits to work for a group or an initiative. What was the outcome, and how did you feel about it? 7. If offered admission to all the schools you have applied to, how will you choose which one to go to? 8. Any question for me?"
This user wants to stay Private
4.5 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Jan 25, 24
Online with Student
Interviewed on:
Jan 25, 24
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"Interviewed with a first-year MBA student. Started off in a Q&A format, but ended up becoming conversational towards the end. Interview went on for about 35 min, including questions I had for the student. Questions: (pretty standard and went on for about 25 min) Walk me through your resume Career goals Why MBA? (Also covered by McDonough in this) What's your biggest achievement in a professional or personal setting? What do you bring to Georgetown in terms of diversity? TMAT received constructive feedback and what I learned from it If offered an admit to all schools, how will you select?"
6.7 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 14, 23
Online with Student
Interviewed on:
Oct 31, 23
"My peer interview: 1. Tell me about yourself 2. Why MBA? 3. Why McCombs? 4. What is the most challenging problem you have ever faced ? 5. Follow-up questions regarding my Post- MBA goals 6. Any questions for the interviewer?"
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 8, 23
Online with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Nov 9, 23
"My interview was with an admissions committee member. The interview took place for around 30 mins. 1) Walk me through your resume 2) Why MBA? 3) TMAT, you faced a challenging situation with a person at the workplace, and how did you handle it? 4) TMAT, you challenged the status quo? 5) How are you planning to improve your quantitative skills? 6) Why Mcdonough? 7) what will be your deciding factors if you are admitted elsewhere? Location? Ranking? or anything different from these? 8) Short-term goals and Plan B 9) any questions for me?"
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 24, 23
Interviewed on:
Feb 24, 23
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"The questions asked were 1. Tell me about yourself and why MBA 2. Why Mcdonough? and What other schools you applied to 3. ST, LT goal and plan B 4. your experience with diversity. 7. how are you planning to improve your quantitative skills? 8. Most complex project you handled. 9. Any questions for me."
4.3 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 16, 23
Interviewed on:
Feb 15, 23
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"Yesterday, I gave my McDonough interview and I think it went well! A 1st year flex student is my interviewer and it was a blind interview. 1. Walk me through your resume 2. Short & long term goals 3. If not MBA this year, what would be your next steps to reach your goals 4. TMAT about your biggest commitment 5. TMAT when you made a mistake 6. TMAT you led a team? Also, an important constructive feedback you’ve given. 7. What is diversity meant to you? 8. I asked him a few questions The interview lasted for a lil over 35 mins, and he made it very conversational through the time by sharing his personal experiences."
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 15, 23
Interviewed on:
Feb 14, 23
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"Yesterday, I gave my McDonough interview and I think it went well! A 1st year flex student is my interviewer and it was a blind interview. 1. Walk me through your resume 2. Short & long term goals 3. If not MBA this year, what would be your next steps to reach your goals 4. TMAT about your biggest commitment 5. TMAT when you made a mistake 6. TMAT you led a team? Also, an important constructive feedback you've given. 7. What is diversity meant to you? 8. I asked him a few questions The interview lasted for a lil over 35 mins, and he made it very conversational throughout the time by sharing his personal experiences."
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 15, 23
Interviewed on:
Feb 13, 23
Final Decision:
Admitted
"My McDonough interview just got over an hour ago and it went quite well! A first-year student was my interviewer. It lasted for about 35 minutes. Most questions revolved around the following: 1. Walk me through your resume 2. We both had similar backgrounds (Marketing), so a couple of questions were about how I pivoted from a technical role to a marketing role and how I chose my team 3. How has my leadership style evolved 4. My most significant accomplishment till date (I added a DE&I example here which he really liked) 5. The most important piece of constructive feedback that I have received so far 6. Short-term and long-term goals and Plan B in case they don’t work out 7. Why MBA now & Why McDonough 8. Any questions that I had for him It was a blind interview and was indeed very conversational. He genuinely made an effort to keep it informal by adding anecdotes and his personal experiences."
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 8, 23
Interviewed on:
Feb 7, 23
Final Decision:
Admitted
"My interview was with a 2nd-year student. It lasted 45 minutes. I’ve had six interviews so far. This one was my first that was an actual conversation rather than an interview. He gave feedback and asked follow-up questions for all of my answers. We flowed together in the same direction rather than the specific set of predetermined questions. Tell me about yourself. Walk me through your resume. Tell me about a time you failed and how you learned from that experience. What has been your greatest achievement? What are your short and long-term goals? Why Mcdonough? How will you choose which school to attend? How important is a scholarship? What questions do you have for me?"
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 5, 23
Off Campus with Alumni
Interviewed on:
Feb 4, 23
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"Interview was with an alum. It was Q&A format and lasted around 20 mins. Questions were typical: 1. TMA yourself 2. Why an MBA now? 3. TMA an experience with diversity 4. Why Georgetown? 5. What are factors in deciding which MBA program you would choose?"
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 24, 22
Interviewed on:
Nov 11, 22
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"My interview was with a second year student. The interview lasted a little over 30 minutes. The interviewer introduced themselves and then went over the format of the interview. Questions asked (not in exact order) 1. Tell me about yourself 2. Short-term and long-term goals 3. Why an MBA and why McDonough? 4. If you get accepted into all the schools you applied to, how will you decide where to attend? 5. TMAT you worked with a diverse group 6. TMAT you dealt with conflict at work 7. What questions do you have for me? The interview was conversational and laid back. Interviewer was very helpful with answering my questions and discussing life at McDonough."
United States
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 24, 22
Interviewed on:
Nov 16, 22
Final Decision:
Admitted from WL
"My interview was in the QnA format. I was asked the most basic and cliched questions such as ’a time where you had to overcome some conflict at work’, etc. Overall the interview went good. Shorter than 30min, including the greetings and questions from me."
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Mar 1, 22
Off Campus with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Feb 28, 22
Final Decision:
Interviewed
""Hi guys, Had my interview with an adcom member. It was one of the best interview experiences to date. Questions- 1. Tell me about yourself 2. Goals and Why MBA 3. Difficult experience and how you overcame it? 4. Biggest Accomplishment? 5. What would be the deciding factors for you in choosing schools 6. Questions for the member The adcom member gave me insights into the structure of the MBA and how McDonough was a great fit."
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 17, 22
Interviewed on:
Feb 18, 22
"Just finished up an interview with a senior member of AdCom, and it was conversational and lasted exactly 30 minutes. 1. Tell me about yourself and what lead you to Georgetown. 2. Goals. 3. How would you contribute towards DEI initiatives at Georgetown. 4. TMA working in a team and what makes a good team. 5. How would your colleagues describe you? 6. Constructive feedback you received. 7. Anything you want to tell me. 8. What factors into choosing to attend McDonough after an offer is made. 9. Any questions. I got a bunch of curveball follow-up questions regarding my answers, but it was manageable!"
Korea, Republic of
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 17, 22
Interviewed on:
Feb 15, 22
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"The interviewer was an AdCom member, and laid out the format and major topics that would be covered in the interview. Most of the questions were standard and had been the same ones mentioned in the other debriefs. 1. Walk me through your resume. 2. Why MBA? Why Now? Why Georgetown? 3. How would you select the school you want to attend (from the possible multiple admits that you receive next month)? 4. TMAT when you were challenged by a team member/senior/client? 5. TMAT when you had to confront diversity? 6. TMAT when you had to take step back for the team? 7. ST and LT goals? 8. Plan B? 9.Any questions for me? All the best to everyone!"
6.6 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 16, 22
Interviewed on:
Feb 16, 22
"Hi guys, Had my interview with a senior adcom member. It was smooth and conversational throughout. The interviewer made me feel comfortable. Questions- 1. Tell me about yourself and why MBA now 2. Why Georgetown 3. How would you describe your leadership style 4. What would be the deciding factors for you in choosing schools 5. How would your boss describe you in 3 words 6. How would your boss describe your 2 weaknesses 7. Questions for me (on this question, the conversation went on for a while on this) 8. Have you been to the US Thanks."
6 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 13, 22
Interviewed on:
Feb 11, 22
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"I interviewed with an AdCom team member. There was another trainee who had joined to learn from the experience. But he had switched off his audio/video to ensure that there is no disturbance from his side. Total Interview Time: 32 mins The interview started with the interviewer setting basic expectations regarding the flow of the interview process. These were: 1. 30 mins for the interview 2. 20-25 mins for questions from their side, remaining time for me to ask questions 3. Notes would be taken simultaneously. Hence, there is a possibility that the interviewer might not be looking at the screen continuously (but would be attentive for sure). Mostly straight-forward questions were asked such as: 1. Walk me through your resume 2. ST and LT goals 3. Why McDonough? 4. Which other schools are you considering? 5. If you get selected at all the schools that you have applied to, how would you decide which school to pursue your MBA in? 6. If your current Manager is asked to share 2 of your strengths and areas of growth each, what would he/she have to say? 7. Tell me about a time you had to take a step back for the benefit of the team. What was the result/outcome? 8. Do you have any questions for me? The interview was smooth sailing and the interviewer was friendly. This made me feel calm throughout the interview. All the best!"
6.5 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 11, 22
Off Campus with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Feb 11, 22
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Duration- 30 min Interview with Adcom Questions asked 1)tell me about yourself 2)why Georgetown 3)why mba and why now 4)st and lt 5)what kind of role you play in team 6)what will your teammates say about you 7)any questions for me Precisely 30min Straightforward interview Standard questions......."
shaunak075
4.2 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 22, 21
Interviewed on:
Nov 22, 21
Final Decision:
Admitted
"The interview was with a current student and lasted 30 min + 15 more for answering my questions. Super friendly and conversational. 1. Tell me about yourself 2. ST and LT goals 3. Why MBA, why now 4. Why Georgetown 5. TMAT when you failed, what were your learnings. 6. TMAT when you had to take a step back, what were the outcomes, what was the impact. 7. TMAT when you faced a problem working with a diverse team or team member. 8. TMAT when you had to meet a deadline 9. If you are admitted, what factors will you consider to select Georgetown, follow up question on my answer. 10. Any questions for me"
7.3 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 21, 21
Interviewed on:
Nov 18, 21
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Interviewed with an adcom member. 1. Walk me through your resume. 2. Short-term and long-term goals. 3. A time when you had to deal with a challenging client/ team member. 4. A time when diversity in your group changed your perspective. 5. A time when you received constructive feedback and how you worked on the same. 6. A time you had to provide a challenging feedback to someone you mentored/ your team member/ direct report. 7. A time when you had to step back for the betterment of the team. 8. Why Georgetown. 9. Any questions for the interviewer."