GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Oct 2018, 04:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Meaning of GMAT-score w/ regards to questions' difficulty

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
Meaning of GMAT-score w/ regards to questions' difficulty  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2018, 08:07
Hi there, although there are quite a view questions out there regarding the meaning of the GMAT-score I haven't found an answer to the following:

Does an e.g. 600 point result mean that in theory one should be on a level on which they get 50% of every question with a difficulty of 600 right/wrong.
Of course I'm not talking about a precise score prediction here and not taking into account real test circumstances. It would just be nice to get an approximate feeling.
Director
Director
V
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Meaning of GMAT-score w/ regards to questions' difficulty  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2018, 09:02
Hi heintzkopf,

Calculation is rather difficult. The system gives easier question each time you give a wrong answer. There are many factors that affect on final score. Check out the following thread:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-prep-so ... 46146.html

Hope it helps!

Non progredi est regredi

Intern
Intern
B
Re: Meaning of GMAT-score w/ regards to questions' difficulty  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2018, 09:17
thanks for that link Akela.

I am aware of the general concept of CAT. But I am not intending to get a precise estimation of my GMAT score, but rather to find out what the gmat score means with regards to the test takers ability to answer questions at a certain level right. So I'm wondering whether getting 50% of 600 point questions right means that one is far away of reaching those 600 overall or wether this shows one is on a rather good path of landing somewhere around 600.

So perhaps someone can answer this from experience/intuitively?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Meaning of GMAT-score w/ regards to questions' difficulty &nbs [#permalink] 31 Jul 2018, 09:17

Meaning of GMAT-score w/ regards to questions' difficulty

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap