Melbourne August Intake
Final Decision:
Admitted
Interviewed on: Feb 11, 2021
This user wants to stay Private
4 years
Sri Lanka
Feb 22, 2021 07:02
"The interview I faced was with a member of the Careers team at MBS. He was very polite and the interview was very conversational. It went on for 35-40 mins. The questions asked were mainly regarding 1) Why an MBA 2) Why MBS 3) What are your plans after The interviewer was very clear that the MBA was not a direct pathway to PR in Australia, and wanted to convey that the job market in Australia was a lot tougher at the moment due to the current Pandemic. He was very clear that you need to be able to ride through the tough periods. I was able to discuss my aspirations in the medium to long term, with good feedback from the Interviewer. The conversation concluded with the Interviewer mentioning that the Admissions Team would get back to me within 1-2 Weeks. Don't stress too much. The Interview process is quite comfortable. Good luck! :) :)""
Melbourne August Intake
Final Decision:
Admitted
Interviewed on: Feb 3, 2021
This user wants to stay Private
13 years
Russian Federation
Feb 10, 2021 03:02
"I had an interview with a representative of the MBS Career Management Center. Mostly, her purpose was to introduce the opportunities of their career center and to make sure that their approach to the career development corresponds to my intentions. The typical questions were: - Tell how you came to the MBA application? - Why MBA? - Why MBS? - Which market sector you wish to specialize in? An interesting question – which transitional skills do you have? The interviewer made it clear that Australian job market is very tough and doesn’t have a type of “MBA-jobs”, which are common for the US and Europe. Australian companies pay more attention to the candidate’s experience and skills than to the degree. So, if you are planning to develop your career within the local job market, MBA is not the only key to the hearts of Australian employers. Also, after the lockdown of the 2020 any skills related to the changing market reality are especially essential. All the interview is supposed to find out if you know why you wish to get an MBA and how detailed was your research on the desired program and country, including visa opportunities, job market, and other programs/schools. It is always useful to talk to the alumni and current students before the interview, so you can get a better insight and understand if this program fits your objectives. The interview took 30 minutes as planed due to the busy schedule of the interviewer. So, prepare to be concise in your answers."
Melbourne August Intake
Final Decision:
Admitted
Interviewed on: Jan 30, 2020
Mar 6, 2020 03:03
"My conversation with the interviewer was via video-call and lasted for about 45 minutes. It was a very candid and low-pressure conversation with the interviewer seeming genuinely interested in my reasons to do an MBA from this particular school, my networking abilities and also my plans post-MBA (Whether I plan to stay in Australia or move back to my home country). She asked me for examples of how I networked well because it is a necessary skill for success in any MBA program and particularly so in Australia. There was also an opportunity for me to add an emotional dimension to the interview as I was able to steer the conversation towards my family and spoke passionately about them. I would treat it as a normal respectful conversation with a potential employer/stranger."
Melbourne August Intake
Final Decision:
Admitted
Interviewed on: Nov 17, 2017
Sep 18, 2019 12:09
"I had applied for the early application deadline and I got into MBS for 2018 intake. I would like to share my interview experience. I fount that the interview was a pretty friendly and ,more of an informal conversation. I found that I was over-prepared. :D The interviewer was very nice and friendly. He asked the common questions like Why MBA, why MBS and mostly the questions based on your CV and admission essay. So make sure to prepare for those questions and also keep a copy of your admission essays and CV close at hand. Don't worry too much. You guys will nail it! ;) All the best! :)"
Melbourne August Intake
Final Decision:
Matriculating
Interviewed on: Jan 21, 2016
Sep 18, 2019 12:09
"I had an audio interview over Skype, not a video one like I expected. I would tell you what everyone says - know your story, - why you want an MBA, - why Melbourne, - why your goals are what they are. I think if you know the answers to these well, confidence will come naturally. I was also asked what I think my strengths are, and if I had any questions for the interviewer. The interviewer was friendly, and personally, I quite enjoyed it. Good luck to you!"
Melbourne
Final Decision:
Admitted
Interviewed on: Nov 21, 2018
5.4 years
Nov 26, 2018 05:11
"My interview was initially scheduled at 4.30AM but a very nice lady at MBS asked me if it was uncomfortable with the time, and upon my suggestion re-scheduled it to 9.30AM. The interview was with John Gurskey, Director of Career Mgmt Team at MBS. He made it clear the outset that it wouldn't be an interview but a two-way conversation, where we both can ask question as we go along. So his questions were: About you? Why MBA? Why MBS? Why consulting? (my ST goals were to move to consulting) What's your plan-B if you don't land up in consulting? (very important Qs, this I've been asked now in every B-school interview) Planning to settle in Australia after MBA? Then he proceeded to tell me very clearly about expected strengthening of immigration laws, and that I'll need to extend my MBA by over 6 months to be eligible for sponsorship, and which visas I can get. I asked: What should I do to strengthen my case? He told me to be resilient with job market, which can mean taking a job that offers sponsorship over your dream job. We need to network a lot in Australia. Tell me an occasion where you solved work related scenario where you demonstrated networking? I asked: what are other opportunities in Australia that I'm not aware of? He told me about working with provincial government on a 2-year bond, other companies who readily offer sponsorship etc. After a conversation around these subjects, he told me that adcom will contact you in next couple weeks with next steps. Bye Bye! Summary: A candid conversational interview/information exchange that lasted about 20-25 minutes."