Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 09:41 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 09:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 254 [0]
Given Kudos: 316
GPA: 3.64
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 5137 [0]
Given Kudos: 1431
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V51
Send PM
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 2290 [0]
Given Kudos: 66
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V45
GMAT 2: 780 Q50 V47
GMAT 3: 770 Q50 V45
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1304 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Re: Mental Breakdown: Need genuine strategy help for GMAT [#permalink]
Consider taking a bit of a break and working with a study buddy with strong Verbal, especially CR skills.

Reading Comprehension Solved a few passages but not been doing it of late. My weakness here is that I am very slow at reading passages and do mess up on some questions.

Getting better at reading can be helpful. Using articles from The Economist, for example, to practice might improve your speed. For RC, getting familiar with certain question types (inference questions) may improve your accuracy, too.
GMATWhiz Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 1801 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V40
Send PM
Expert Reply
Elite097 After going through your post, I can identify 2 main problems - 1. Anxiety (which is leading to over-thinking) and 2. Lack of proper contextualization skills

In my opinion, a short break from the preparation should help a little, but I feel what you need more importantly is another view point of either a study buddy or better an expert. Let me share my 2 cents here

My understanding is that while reading information either you're reading it too fast which leads to re-reading information or you're not pausing at the right places or you're not connecting the information when you pause. It could be any of these 3. This is stopping you from understanding the context correctly, which in turn, makes you feel less confident when you attack the answer choices and that's what leads to anxiety.

I would like to connect with you on a call to understand which one/more of the above 3 is the case with you and accordingly I can suggest the path forward. Please feel free to schedule a discussion with me using this link: https://www.calendly.com/gmatwhiz/30min
GMAT Club Bot