GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Oct 2018, 23:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

MFIN PROFILE EVALUATION

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
MFIN PROFILE EVALUATION  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jul 2018, 11:32
Hi! I have been reading posts on this forum for a while, but this is my first time posting something.

I am planning to apply for Masters in Finance (Class of 2020). I want help in assessing whether my profile is suitable for the schools that I have chosen and what I can do to improve it.

Profile:
I am a Business Management graduate (Class of 2018) at university ranked less than 50 in India. I have scored 85% here. I have also done a short course on HRM at LSE, London. I have headed the finance club for all three years at college. I have scored the highest almost always in finance, accounting, taxation both is school and at under grad level. I have also been among the top 20 students in my college during 11th and 12th grades. I have scored the highest marks for my thesis based on finance and plan to publish it. I have interned at a financial services organisation for a month. I am also working in my family business since after graduation. I am applying to other reputed finance based companies to add to my profile.

Target Schools:
MIT Sloan, HEC Paris, Imperial College Business School

I have not yet given my GMAT.
Please suggest on how to improve my profile, I will try to do whatever it takes to get into MIT Sloan, which is my dream school. I did have calculus and statistics at school level. But it was only basic level-differentiation, integration, etc.
Sia Admissions Representative
S
Affiliations: NYU, Yale
Re: MFIN PROFILE EVALUATION  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jul 2018, 13:55
Hi REZ999,

Thank you for your post. How many months of work experience do you have? If you are targeting MIT MFin, there are some metrics you need to keep in mind. The MFin's class profile averages as follows: 3.67/4 GPA (~92% average), 726 GMAT score, and about 17 months of work experience (including internships). The program is also made up of 88% international students. In preparation for the January 3rd deadline, you should try and aim for a higher than average GMAT score (740+). Also, this is a graduate program that requires you to speak to your academic and professional pursuits in great detail as well as what you bring to the classroom (diversity). Therefore, work diligently on the qualitative component of your application.

I would recommend you apply to a number of MFin programs in addition to MIT. If you haven't worked out your top school list, here is an article you can reference: https://siaadmissions.com/sia-blog/six- ... -b-schools

If you are interested in continuing the conversation, please feel free to reach out and schedule a free consultation (contact details in signature).

Good luck!

REZ999 wrote:
Hi! I have been reading posts on this forum for a while, but this is my first time posting something.

I am planning to apply for Masters in Finance (Class of 2020). I want help in assessing whether my profile is suitable for the schools that I have chosen and what I can do to improve it.

Profile:
I am a Business Management graduate (Class of 2018) at university ranked less than 50 in India. I have scored 85% here. I have also done a short course on HRM at LSE, London. I have headed the finance club for all three years at college. I have scored the highest almost always in finance, accounting, taxation both is school and at under grad level. I have also been among the top 20 students in my college during 11th and 12th grades. I have scored the highest marks for my thesis based on finance and plan to publish it. I have interned at a financial services organisation for a month. I am also working in my family business since after graduation. I am applying to other reputed finance based companies to add to my profile.

Target Schools:

Please suggest on how to improve my profile, I will try to do whatever it takes to get into MIT Sloan, which is my dream school. I did have calculus and statistics at school level. But it was only basic level-differentiation, integration, etc.

Sia Admissions
info@siaadmissions.com
+1 (646) 690 - 9996

Contact us for a free consultation

Director
Director
S
Re: MFIN PROFILE EVALUATION  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2018, 06:28
REZ999 wrote:

Profile:

Target Schools:

Absolutely kill the GMAT. And I don't think that will do it.

You have a good class rank, but not the best. You didn't got to Bits or IIT. You don't have any big name internships on your resume. I would consider MIT to be beyond a far shot.

You could be competitive for LSE or other UK schools though and that is what I would target. You have some good EC's and if you score well enough on your GMAT, you most likely will have a good shot at one of the number of LSE MSc degrees offered.

Master in Finance HQ
http://www.msfhq.com

GMAT Club Bot
Re: MFIN PROFILE EVALUATION &nbs [#permalink] 31 Jul 2018, 06:28

MFIN PROFILE EVALUATION

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap