GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Aug 2018, 07:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

MiM Choice: MSc Management (Bocconi) VS. CEMS MIM (UCD Smurfit)

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
MiM Choice: MSc Management (Bocconi) VS. CEMS MIM (UCD Smurfit)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Jun 2018, 01:57
Hi There,

I plan to start a MiM next year and I have shortlisted two offers I got:
- MSc in Management at Bocconi
- CEMS MIM MSc in International Management at UCD Smurfit

In case I was admitted for the MSc in International Management at Bocconi, my decision would have been made in a few seconds. I'd rather go to Milan and Bocconi.

However, the CEMS MIM offer at Smurfit may sound more attractive than the MSc in Management when thinking about the program itself, which makes my decision a bit more difficult. Additionally, I don't find a lot of reviews or rankings for the Bocconi MSc in Management so I feel a bit lost regarding its placement and competitive position.

Any advise about that?

Thank for your answers!
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
G
Concentration: Finance
Premium Member CAT Tests
MiM Choice: MSc Management (Bocconi) VS. CEMS MIM (UCD Smurfit)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Jun 2018, 14:10
alexraed wrote:
Hi There,

I plan to start a MiM next year and I have shortlisted two offers I got:
- MSc in Management at Bocconi
- CEMS MIM MSc in International Management at UCD Smurfit

In case I was admitted for the MSc in International Management at Bocconi, my decision would have been made in a few seconds. I'd rather go to Milan and Bocconi.

However, the CEMS MIM offer at Smurfit may sound more attractive than the MSc in Management when thinking about the program itself, which makes my decision a bit more difficult. Additionally, I don't find a lot of reviews or rankings for the Bocconi MSc in Management so I feel a bit lost regarding its placement and competitive position.

Any advise about that?

Thank for your answers!

Hi alexraed

I can see what is alluring you to UCD Smurfit Dublin, opportunity to obtain dual degree MSc in International Management from UCD Smurfit School and a Masters in International Management (MIM) from CEMS.

Do you have option for ESSEC-Bocconi Double Degree ?

Seems to me that is the same program with options to study in four different locations: the ESSEC Cergy campus (France), the ESSEC Singapore campus (Singapore), the Bocconi Milan campus (Italy) and the Bocconi MISB Mumbai campus (India).

I will make very easy for you :)

Check with Bocconi do you have right for ESSEC-Bocconi Double Degree, if you do, go there.

ESSEC is as you probably alredy know better ranked than CEMS or Bocconi, although CEMS and Bocconi are really close (when they count MSc in International Management at Bocconi) as you will see bellow.

If somehow you are not allow to pursue ESSEC-Bocconi Double Degre, think twice, but I think you do have right.

That being said, even if you don't, I personally would still rather go to Milan than Dublin, but that just me.

ESSEC Business School has USD $89,067 starting salary record, moreover there is ESSEC Venture for entrepreneurs with 340 projects incubated & 252 companies already created, plus Option of Apprenticeship track.

CEMS has USD $74,869 starting salary versus USD $75,423 for Bocconi, not much of difference, as per MiM-Essay.com insight.

FT provides similar figures.

Below you will find mentioned FT rankings, I can provide you with many more but they all tell the same story.

Good Luck ! :)
Attachments

ft rankings.png
ft rankings.png [ 36.82 KiB | Viewed 224 times ]

Your kudos are much appreciated

MiM Choice: MSc Management (Bocconi) VS. CEMS MIM (UCD Smurfit) &nbs [#permalink] 10 Jun 2018, 14:10

MiM Choice: MSc Management (Bocconi) VS. CEMS MIM (UCD Smurfit)

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap