Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 05:42 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 05:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2063 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [3]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Re: MiM/MSF Round 3 or Wait for Next Early Round - South Indian Applicant [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hello Morningstar47

I hope you are doing well. Considering your strong academic background with a top-tier CGPA and scholarships, along with nine months of experience as an Operations Analyst at a FAANG company, your profile is robust and showcases your ability to succeed in a competitive environment.

While applying in Round 3 for the Fall 2024 intake may be late, it's not impossible, and your FAANG experience could compensate for a slightly delayed application. However, given the competitive nature of these programs, it's generally advisable to apply in earlier rounds to secure a spot.

Your GRE scores meet the requirements, but aiming for higher scores can always be beneficial. If you feel confident in presenting a compelling application before the Round 3 deadline, it's worth a shot; otherwise, consider preparing for the Fall 2025 intake during Round 1.

Additionally, explore other reputable programs with later deadlines or more flexible admissions processes. Networking with current students or alumni can provide valuable insights, and use the time to refine your application to effectively communicate your career switch and motivations.

Best of luck with your application and career transition!

CLICK HERE TO SCHEDULE A FREE PROFILE EVALUATION CALL WITH ALUMS AND CURRENT STUDENTS OF TOP B-SCHOOLS!

Testimonials
Meet our Panel of Consultants.

Email: hasan@mbaandbeyond.com
MBA and Beyond
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Re: MiM/MSF Round 3 or Wait for Next Early Round - South Indian Applicant [#permalink]
MiMEssay wrote:
­Hey there Morningstar47.
Thank you for your post! 

Firstly, let me say that your profile looks outstanding at a glance! Your GPA is great, you work in FAANG, and your GRE and IELTS scores are good enough! Yes, the work experience is on the lower side, but that doesn't mean you can't apply to R3. Although, as mentioned above, the chances would be higher if you apply to R1 for the Fall 2025 intake. Also, it would be great if you could add a bit about any extracurriculars and any NGO experience, if possible. Also, add any interesting hobbies or sports you have played to your resume. Also, make sure to add a strong LOR.

If you have an overall interesting profile in terms of LOR and ECAs and can craft a story well enough, go for R3. However, if you feel that you need a bit more time to work on any single or multiple aspects of your profile, aiming for R1 would be a better choice!

:)  

Cheers!
Abhyank
Founder & CEO 
BOOK A FREE CALL
MBA and Masters Admissions Consulting

Customer Reviews|Profile Evaluation|School Explorer
Contact us: +91-8448224865  ­­

­Thank you so much for the reply. I also wanted to know if I can apply to ESCP's MiM and Bocconi's MiM for the Fall 24 intake. Is it too late for me to apply?­
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 278 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Expert Reply

Morningstar47 wrote:
Hello there!

­I want to switch my career from Operations to Finance. My application process was delayed for personal reasons. Now, I am back on track. However, I would be applying before the Round 3 deadline (Fall 2024 intake) for the following programs and I am afraid of getting rejected by applying this late.

Masters in Management: LBS, INSEAD, Imperial
MSc Finance: LSE, UCL

Here are some details about my profile:

Nationality: South India

Undergrad: 9.52/10 CGPA after B.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering from a tier-3 state university in India. I graduated with a CGPA of 9.52/10, which put me in the top 2% of my university. I also received two scholarships for my academic performance.

Work experience: 9 months as an Operations Analyst at FAANG

GRE: 324 (165Q and 159V)

IELTS: 8

I know these programs are very competitive and ambitious. Do I stand a chance if I apply before the R3 deadline? Will I have a better chance of admission if I apply before the next R1 for the Fall 2025 intake? I have experienced the disadvantage of having a low-prestige undergrad degree when applying for jobs. However, I was able to land a FAANG job even though it was not in my desired field. Please share your opinions and advice with me. I am also open to suggestions for other B-schools or colleges. I want to study and work in an English-speaking country, preferably the USA or the UK.

Hello Morningstar47,

Thanks for writing in.

While you have a stellar CGPA and strong professional background, you belong to an over-represented pool of applicants with an average GRE score (keeping your applicant pool in mind).

You will have a better chance if you spend the next few months building your profile (which includes retaking the GRE, if possible) and applying in Round 1 next year; remember, everything you currently have on your profile is there to stay and you will also have the benefit of adding more.

Hope this helps.

All the best!
GMAT Club Bot