Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 10:32 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 10:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 620 Q46 V30
GRE 1: Q150 V161
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 620 Q46 V30
GRE 1: Q150 V161
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MiM Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Sarah967744 wrote:
Top100MBA.Club wrote:
Sarah967744 wrote:

Hey! Please review my profile:
Applying program: MiM
Colleges i want to apply:
1. INSEAD
2. HEC Paris
3. ESSEC
4. ESCP
5. ESMT Berlin
6.Frankfurt school of Business
7. WHU 
8. Imperial College, London

Female, Indian
Undergraduate :
BTech in Computer science, specialization in cybersecurity ( graduated in 2023)
University ranking ( 100)
GPA: 7.91/10

GMAT/GRE
GMAT 1st Attempt: 620 ( 46Q, 30V) 5 AWA
GMAT 2nd Attempt: 610( 48Q, 27V) 6 AWA
GRE: 311 ( 161Q, 150V) 4 AW

Work and leadership experience:

1. Marketing flagship event of univeristy by networking and going around 10+ universities. ( built communication and social skills)
2. Placed 1st in university level startup competion ( build business model and pitch deck for startup idea and presented it to VC's)
3. Core member and social media head for univeristy debating society. As part of the society, I have organized events, handled recruiting and handled organizational posts within the club.
won 2 debate competition in the intra university debate events. Broke as an adjudicator in an internation debate competiton hosted by christ university)

3. Started a game development club for the univeristy under the CS department. As part of the inital club promotiion, organized a 2 day game development event where over 150+ students participated.
4. 2 month internship as a content writer in a startup.
5. Co-founder of a tech based startup ( lasted a year). Handled networking, pitch decks and designing logo for th eproduct. Recieved 2 letter of intents from investors in india. We alos pitched the startup in a national startup fest and were semi-finalists.
Also worked as a Teaching assitant in the entreprenuship center of my university where i helped other students with pitch decks and startup ideas, etc.

6. Published a research paper in IEEE and presented it in IIT Delhi ( top university in india)
7. Internship in tech mahindra ( worked in business operations )
8. Currently working in a big 4 firm as a tech consultant. - I am an associate in the company where i manage 30 memebers. I am the most qualified developer in the technology i work in, in my company. I have pitched client presentations to 3-4 clients and currently am a part of and manage a client project.
I will have about 1.5 years of FT experience at the time of applying.

Post masters goals:

International exposure and networking in business management industry.
Want to shift my career to management industry. ( specifically management consultancy)
I also want to gain more knowldge in global businesses and their operations.
in the long term, i'm looking to work under a VC Firm where i can understand and validate different startup oppurtunities and their ventures.

:)

­­

I remember seeing this profile before but seems like some changes have been made. Earlier you mentioned it was a top-50 University and now a top-100.

Either way, I feel if you want to have a better shot at your target schools, aim for a 645+ GMAT FE score with balanced splits. Your verbal seems to be your main weakness. The rest of the profile looks ok.

Best,
Divesh

Founder & Managing Consultant
https://Top100MBA.Club
WAPP:+912231989175

Posted from my mobile device

­Hey! 
It is the same profile, there was an error in the univeristy ranking ( that was my bad!) 
My last post was not for profle evaluation, but im trying to understand where my profile stands in this post with a low GMAT because i dont have the bandwith to re write for the third time...
Thank you for the feedback! ( also edited the last post)
 ­

Noted. Look I just want to put it out there that I've seen students obsess over GMAT whilst it is just a small aspect of your overall profile.

I believe I can help you crack one of these 7-8 schools if you sign up to my 7-school package even with your current GMAT score. A higher score is recommend specially for scholarship consideration etc. but if you absolutely do not want to rewrite, we can still have a shot.

The Adcoms look at your profile holistically. You are a human being not a number for them. So it's all about how you spin your story and present yourself with a winning narrative.

If you need my help, do reach out, I suggest we skip whu as they are a little too biased towards a higher GMAT score and apply to all other 7 schools.

Let me know! Best of luck, irrespective of what you decide!

Best,
Divesh

Founder & Managing Consultant
https://Top100MBA.Club
WAPP:+912231989175
GMAT Club Bot
MiM Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts