It is currently 22 Aug 2017, 04:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Mind Mapping Columbia Business School - A Visualization Tool

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 234 [0], given: 0

Mind Mapping Columbia Business School - A Visualization Tool [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2014, 02:30
Columbia Business School rolled out a few major UI updates to their MBA website a few months ago, and well, I could not find a few things.  Truth be told, I give Columbia's MBA website a better than average grade overall.  However, I wanted to see if I could simplify it for those applicants who are about to start working on their CBS essays and application, while trying to figure out "Why Columbia?"   I created a visual representation (mindmap) of the site, which ended up looking like the New York subway system, and I wanted to share it with anyone who is applying. Hopefully this will allow you to see where you fit into CBS' clubs, curriculum and student culture.

Feel free to download a copy of this mindmap or create your own online copy and edit as you please (relevant links provided below).

If you want to view the CBS mindmap in a new (and bigger) window, which I recommend, click here >

Enjoy and leave us any feedback in the comments section below.
(Protip - Click and drag on the mindmap to navigate.  Then click on the relevant link to navigate to that section of the CBS website.)

Kudos [?]: 234 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consultant

Kudos [?]: 218 [0], given: 220

Re: Mind Mapping Columbia Business School - A Visualization Tool [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2014, 02:32
As a follow up to our post above, Adam Hoff and I have also put together an updated "How to Apply to Columbia" guide that cover Columbia's somewhat revised questions. It is complimentary and can be downloaded here > https://www.amerasiaconsulting.com/mba-school-guides/

On the Amerasia blog, we also present our latest essay analysis as well > https://www.amerasiaconsulting.com/blog ... ias-essays

BlogBot wrote:
Columbia Business School rolled out a few major UI updates to their MBA website a few months ago, and well, I could not find a few things.  Truth be told, I give Columbia's MBA website a better than average grade overall.  However, I wanted to see if I could simplify it for those applicants who are about to start working on their CBS essays and application, while trying to figure out "Why Columbia?"   I created a visual representation (mindmap) of the site, which ended up looking like the New York subway system, and I wanted to share it with anyone who is applying. Hopefully this will allow you to see where you fit into CBS' clubs, curriculum and student culture.

Feel free to download a copy of this mindmap or create your own online copy and edit as you please (relevant links provided below).

If you want to view the CBS mindmap in a new (and bigger) window, which I recommend, click here >

Enjoy and leave us any feedback in the comments section below.
(Protip - Click and drag on the mindmap to navigate.  Then click on the relevant link to navigate to that section of the CBS website.)

Paul Lanzillotti | Founder| About | mba@amerasiaconsulting.com | 877.866.9251

Schedule a Consultation | Twitter | Blog

Download "How To Apply" Guides | INSEAD | Columbia | Harvard | Wharton

Kudos [?]: 218 [0], given: 220

Re: Mind Mapping Columbia Business School - A Visualization Tool   [#permalink] 20 May 2014, 02:32