It is currently 15 Dec 2017, 21:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Missed sectional cut-off for a college by 1 QA and 1 IR point. Retake?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 6

Missed sectional cut-off for a college by 1 QA and 1 IR point. Retake? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2017, 09:53
Eligibility requirements:

QA: 75 percentile
VA: 75 percentile
IR: 6
Total: 85 percentile

My scores:

QA: 48 - 69 percentile
VA: 38 - 85 percentile
IR: 5
AWA: 5.5
Total: 700 - 88 percentile

I'm eligible for all the other colleges I had on my radar but this one seems to have eluded me. Advice? Can I bring about a sizeable improvement in the span of a month?

EDIT: My parents think I should give the exam another go but I'm terribly frightened of my score dropping instead of increasing. I'm more inclined to just skipping this college and try to improve other areas of my profile for the other colleges I'm targetting.

VP
VP
D

Kudos [?]: 287 [0], given: 6

GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: 339 Q170 V169
Re: Missed sectional cut-off for a college by 1 QA and 1 IR point. Retake? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2017, 20:29
dejavu619 wrote:

My scores:

I'm eligible for all the other colleges I had on my radar but this one seems to have eluded me. Advice? Can I bring about a sizeable improvement in the span of a month?

EDIT: My parents think I should give the exam another go but I'm terribly frightened of my score dropping instead of increasing. I'm more inclined to just skipping this college and try to improve other areas of my profile for the other colleges I'm targetting.
Which school is this? Have they specifically mentioned that a 48 in quant will keep you out? For example, INSEAD recommends 70-75% or more in Q & V and 6 or more in IR, but it's not a requirement.

Moving from 48 to 49 (75%) should be doable. And don't worry about a drop in score. You can cancel your test if your score drops, and that attempt will be "hidden" from schools.

Ascore Prep | Bangalore

Kudos [?]: 287 [0], given: 6

Intern
Intern
B

Re: Missed sectional cut-off for a college by 1 QA and 1 IR point. Retake? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2017, 00:15
AjiteshArun wrote:
dejavu619 wrote:

My scores:

Which school is this? Have they specifically mentioned that a 48 in quant will keep you out? For example, INSEAD recommends 70-75% or more in Q & V and 6 or more in IR, but it's not a requirement.

Moving from 48 to 49 (75%) should be doable. And don't worry about a drop in score. You can cancel your test if your score drops, and that attempt will be "hidden" from schools.

It's a college in India. They haven't specified cut-offs in absolute values, but in percentiles. So basicaly anything below a 75 percentile (in QA or VA) will keep me out. I know my score can be deleted. It's spending another $250 for an incremental change that bothers me

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2017, 22:50
I retook the exam.

710, QA 47, VA 40, IR6

I put all my focus on QA and didn't spend any time at all with VA so I don't know why my QA score dropped. I also cancelled the score at the end because a retake that brings about just a 10 point increase isn't justifiable in my opinion.

Re: Missed sectional cut-off for a college by 1 QA and 1 IR point. Retake?   [#permalink] 10 Dec 2017, 22:50

Missed sectional cut-off for a college by 1 QA and 1 IR point. Retake?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

HOT DEALS FOR NOVEMBER
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap