Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 01:44 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 01:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 98 [0]
Send PM
Submitted [#permalink]
I was annoyed by the poor instructions with that too, they tell you to sign the form but it doesn't tell you how to submit.

There are a couple schools with similar poor instrucitons.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Submitted [#permalink]
johnnyx9 wrote:
I was annoyed by the poor instructions with that too, they tell you to sign the form but it doesn't tell you how to submit.

Actually, I am not impressed with Sloan's website myself.
There is this additional program Entrepreneurship and Innovation. It needs an extra essay (no word limit!) The only place where I found the topic was within the application program. There's no way I'll be able to get to it by the deadline now :(

For all the money and time they expect from applicants, I would have expected much better service!
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Send PM
Re: Submitted [#permalink]
mylady wrote:
johnnyx9 wrote:

Actually, I am not impressed with Sloan's website myself.
There is this additional program Entrepreneurship and Innovation. It needs an extra essay (no word limit!) The only place where I found the topic was within the application program. There's no way I'll be able to get to it by the deadline now :(

For all the money and time they expect from applicants, I would have expected much better service!

I agree with you. I wanted to apply for the E&I but did not see the essay until I started uploading my other essays! :(
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MIT Sloan Application - Supplemental Information [#permalink]
I have a question about supplemental information section:

The prompt says:

Supplemental Information

You may provide additional information about any of the following topics that you consider relevant. Please tell us anything else about yourself that will enhance our impression of you as a unique individual.

1. List the leadership activities in which you have actively participated, including your responsibilities and positions held in the organization, and dates. Provide contact names(s) and contact information for each leadership activity.

2. List your academic and/or professional awards, including the basis for your selection and the date(s) of the honor(s).

3. List your hobbies, interests, and activities, including any significant accomplishments related to them.

4. Special circumstances related to your academic program which you would like to mention (up to 500 words).

5. Whatever else you would like the Admissions Committee to know (up to 500 words).

It can be interpreted as:
Either
A) Within total 500 words tell us anything including but not limited to the above topics.

OR

B) List activities, awards, hobbies - no limit specified, special circumstances related to academics - 500 words, Anything else (500 words)

Which one is correct?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: MIT Sloan Application - Supplemental Information [#permalink]
neo276...

I am going with B.
They are clear about what needs to listed, vs. what needs to be explained.
I gather the "explain" parts have the 500 word limit. I don't know if I'll be able to create a list ~500 words anyways.
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
My GPAs are bad... but I did not answer the section 4 of the supplemental qn. I wonder whether it will have any -ve impact?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
None [#permalink]
If you had an extenuating circumstance during your undergrad : Like working part-time while attending full time school, medical condition etc etc then you need to explain it in the supplemental information.

My undergrad GPA is not good either but i have no excuse except that i did not pay attention to academics and this is not a valid excuse - so better not talk about it.

If you had extenuating circumstances and forgot to mention it, you should try finding out if you can submit it before the deadline tomorrow.
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
The wesbite says that after u have submitted you cannot make any changes! I wonder whether I can email them the answer.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
At this stage I would say better not draw more unnecessary attention to the issue. They may figure it out from your essays (even if not explicitly stated) or ask when interviewed. E-mailing after submitting sounds like a bad idea to me. But hey! that's just me, keep on asking around.

Cheers. L.
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
lepium wrote:
At this stage I would say better not draw more unnecessary attention to the issue. They may figure it out from your essays (even if not explicitly stated) or ask when interviewed. E-mailing after submitting sounds like a bad idea to me. But hey! that's just me, keep on asking around.

Cheers. L.

I agree... I have implicitly highlighted my part time work in my essays. I guess they will be able to deduce it.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Were you guys able to upload your scanned copies of your transcripts? I only have Adobe 7.0, and the application only takes Adobe 6.0. So I filled out the self-report transcript form.

While the application format was pretty terrible, I actually really liked the questions they asked. No BS. Just the important stuff. And they gave you a lot of room (>3000 words). My essays for MIT were my best out of all my apps by far.

I submitted for R2 yesterday. Here's hoping...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
You can upload MSWord document as well.

Originally posted by deowl on 10 Jan 2007, 13:35.
Last edited by deowl on 10 Jan 2007, 23:23, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
naturallight wrote:
Were you guys able to upload your scanned copies of your transcripts? I only have Adobe 7.0, and the application only takes Adobe 6.0. So I filled out the self-report transcript form.

While the application format was pretty terrible, I actually really liked the questions they asked. No BS. Just the important stuff. And they gave you a lot of room (>3000 words). My essays for MIT were my best out of all my apps by far.

I submitted for R2 yesterday. Here's hoping...

hey naturallight....how did you have > 3000 words?
I have only filled in the 4 essays and one cover letter...did i miss something :(
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Schools:Berkeley Haas
 Q50  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
deowl wrote:
You can upload MSWorld document as well.

MSWorLd is just a wild dream of Bill Gates :-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
well if you do essay 5 (Innovation theme) and also write some thing in supplemental you have more than 3500 words (500 X 7)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
yeah, with the supplemental I'm at 3000 and then a little more for the stuff on leadership and hobbies.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
yeah :(

I did Sloan in such a short time. I guess....its showing now in my effort!
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]