Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 23:18 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 23:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1110
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1434 [1]
Given Kudos: 582
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22065 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Re: MOCK EXAM RESULTS [#permalink]
Expert Reply
melikcankanat wrote:
sjuniv32 wrote:
Hi,

Official CATs reflect one's true ability, so you can set your goal per the results of official mocks. I hope you are going to have some invaluable ideas from experts.

Best Wishes!

Hi sjuniv32

Thank you for your reply.
The fluctations among the scores made me sad, to be honest. But, I'll do my best not to get discouraged.

Posted from my mobile device

Do you plan to take the last 3 GMAC practice exams?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1025 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Send PM
melikcankanat wrote:
Hi experts, can you evaluate my mock exams results? I am not sure what is my present level.

VERITAS PREP MOCK 1- 690 39V 46Q

MANHATTAN GMAT MOCK 1- 680 38V 44Q

GMAT OFFICIAL MOCK 1- 720 40V 48Q

GMAT OFFICIAL MOCK 2- 750 45V 48Q

GMAT CLUB TESTS MOCK- 38V

Dear melikcankanat ,

Your verbal score is consistent in mocks !! Quant has Quant is varying between 44-48!!
Will suggest you give more official GMAT mocks. I have seen scores varying +/- 30 from mock tests score.

Regards,
Rajat Chopra
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi melikcankanat,

There are a variety of factors that can impact your performance on a CAT/mock (and on the Official GMAT), including the type of Exam that you're using, the time of day that you start the Exam, the testing conditions, how well-rested you are, if you had seen any of the questions before, etc. Before I can offer you the specific advice that you’re looking for, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) How long have you studied? How many hours do you typically study each week?
2) What study materials have you used so far? Are these CATs/mocks the only ones that you have taken?
3) On what dates (or approximate dates) did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks?

Goals:
4) What is your overall goal score?
5) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi melikcankanat,

There are a variety of factors that can impact your performance on a CAT/mock (and on the Official GMAT), including the type of Exam that you're using, the time of day that you start the Exam, the testing conditions, how well-rested you are, if you had seen any of the questions before, etc. Before I can offer you the specific advice that you’re looking for, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) How long have you studied? How many hours do you typically study each week?
2) What study materials have you used so far? Are these CATs/mocks the only ones that you have taken?
3) On what dates (or approximate dates) did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks?

Goals:
4) What is your overall goal score?
5) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

Hi Rich,

Thank you for your kind reply.

In the official mock exams, there were total 4 repeated question. I have been studying for 6 months, but my only focus was not the GMAT. Since the beginning of July I have been working at least 5 hours a day.
My study materials are the official guides and gmat club question bank. I took all of the mocks in the last week.
My overall goal is 730-750.
I will apply for mim programs in LBS or HEC Paris. My plan was to apply for round 1, but the plan has changed. So I will use r2 or r3.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
melikcankanat wrote:
sjuniv32 wrote:
Hi,

Official CATs reflect one's true ability, so you can set your goal per the results of official mocks. I hope you are going to have some invaluable ideas from experts.

Best Wishes!

Thank you for your reply.
The fluctations among the scores made me sad, to be honest. But, I'll do my best not to get discouraged.

Do you plan to take the last 3 GMAC practice exams?

Yes ı will take the last 3.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1434 [1]
Given Kudos: 582
Send PM
Kudos
Hi melikcankanat,

You have already got ideas on the factors that impact CAT's score from EMPOWERgmatRichC's post, so don't get demotivated and just keep your spirit high. Consider attempting some more official tests.

Good Luck!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [1]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM