It is currently 18 Oct 2017, 23:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Most Difficult Application - Poll

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

What is the most difficult application?

• 7% [4]
  • 38% [21]
  • 0% [0]
  • 24% [13]
  • 9% [5]
  • 1% [1]
  • 3% [2]
  • 3% [2]
  • 11% [6]
  • 0% [0]
TAGS:

Hide Tags

VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 203 [0], given: 0

Re: Most Difficult Application - Poll [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Aug 2008, 09:45
Given that I'm usually quite synthetic and to the point when either writing or speaking, I voted Stanford. I ran out of steam after around 600 - 800 words and had to fill space. My essays ended up being crap and I got dinged (probably not only because of the essays).

Surprisingly, my 2nd hardest app was HBS. Eventhough I'm confortable with around 600 - 800 word, trimming essays to 400 was tough and required a lot of time.

L.

Kudos [?]: 203 [0], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 59 [0], given: 10

Show Tags

New post 24 Aug 2008, 15:27
I also think that Chicago GSB has the hardest set of questions, which royally sucks because Chicago GSB is at the top of my list.

Also, can anyone explain to me how they are approaching the 4 slides portion of the essays? Are there any examples from prior years by any chance?

Thank you, and good luck everyone.

Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 147 [0], given: 9

Schools: Kellogg Class of 2011

Show Tags

New post 24 Aug 2008, 16:43
89nk wrote:
I also think that Chicago GSB has the hardest set of questions, which royally sucks because Chicago GSB is at the top of my list.

Also, can anyone explain to me how they are approaching the 4 slides portion of the essays? Are there any examples from prior years by any chance?

I haven't seen any examples from previous years (and believe me I've tried to Google for one), but I would say try and first come up with a theme to link each slide or maybe an overall theme for the deck. Then come up with the content.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 24 Aug 2008, 18:03
Subject: Most Difficult Application - Poll

jb32 wrote:
89nk wrote:

I haven't seen any examples from previous years (and believe me I've tried to Google for one), but I would say try and first come up with a theme to link each slide or maybe an overall theme for the deck. Then come up with the content.

I am still a little unclear by what you mean when you say theme. Also, are you using only one theme to show an aspect of yourself that you feel wasn't sufficiently represented by the first two essays? Wouldn't expressing one theme per slide show more of yourself?

Director
Director

Schools: Kellogg Class of 2011

Show Tags

New post 24 Aug 2008, 18:21
What I mean by theme is, how do the slides relate to each other? If you look at all 4 slides as a whole, do they tell a story? A great presentation will have a few elements (these are mine, not an Adcoms): 1. Overriding theme that brings each slide together into one story 2. Content that goes deeper than what and when, it will answer why you are who you are and how you came to be that way 3. Appealing visual design 4. Creativity - any idiot can put words and pictures on a page, do something that is harder than that

Re: Most Difficult Application - Poll   [#permalink] 24 Aug 2008, 18:21

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 25 posts ] 

Most Difficult Application - Poll

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: OasisGC, aeropower, bb10

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap