Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 01:29 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 01:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 32864 [1]
Given Kudos: 4453
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 32864 [0]
Send PM
Re: Ms Finance admission [#permalink]
Top Contributor
From what you wrote I do think your ideas about the entire admission process is not so clear.

First off, GMAT is only ONE component of the entire package.

You should have for instance: the transcript of your University' exams, a strong CV which not necessary must have a stellar prior experience in the finance world just because the MSc is another level after your degree (usually one year or even two) to lunch your career in the Financial world. Letters of recommendations from your professors and if you had good professors with strong and well-established research excursus (they have a lot of research papers published during their career as academics), IELTS or TOEFL, your letter of intent, your motivation during the interview.........

This is also interesting

ALL leads you into that university you pick among your ideal rooster.

Regards

PS: the list above is usually provided by the Univ website, could be different. Usually, those are the things you should have. We do have always the same things asked over and over again
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I know all that. I am just asking what I can improve and if I have relevant opportunities to get into. What programmes do you suggest considering my profile? What can I improve?

Posted from my mobile device
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 32864 [0]
Send PM
Ms Finance admission [#permalink]
Top Contributor
Difficult to say where and in what measure you should improve.

This is a job for which an admission consulting firm could answer.

However, MSc is the starting point for a career. If you go for an experience before to apply you can go too. And then apply maybe in two years from now.

But saying what are your chances is like ask to someone to see the future in a crystal ball. You have good points.

make a pool of universities and apply. Try, try, try.........you are so young :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Maybe you re right, I should get an admission consulting to do a proper application. (And do great with the letter and the recommendations in order to boost my chances of admission).
Anyway, thank you for you help!

Posted from my mobile device
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 227 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
For European programs, GMAT and GPA (class ranking) are the most important. In the US, they look at work experience, internships, etc, but that is a US dynamic.

GMAT is fine. Should be higher, but I don't think a 680 is going to kill you. GPA is very good (I am assuming it translates to something top of your school). University isn't that big a deal, but it would have helped if you want to a more prominent school.

LSE and Warwick are good schools for you to apply to. LSE has a ton of MSc programs so they are achievable. Bocconi, I don't know. They tend to like higher GMAT's. Since you are Italian, I would encourage you to apply.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MSFHQ wrote:
For European programs, GMAT and GPA (class ranking) are the most important. In the US, they look at work experience, internships, etc, but that is a US dynamic.

GMAT is fine. Should be higher, but I don't think a 680 is going to kill you. GPA is very good (I am assuming it translates to something top of your school). University isn't that big a deal, but it would have helped if you want to a more prominent school.

LSE and Warwick are good schools for you to apply to. LSE has a ton of MSc programs so they are achievable. Bocconi, I don't know. They tend to like higher GMAT's. Since you are Italian, I would encourage you to apply.

I can try to improve it ( i think i can go up to 700 focusing on the verbal part).
The problem with other msc at LSE for instance such as A & F is that I don't really know if they have the same or at least a good placement in IBD (both MM and BB).
What about other MSF in Europe? Do you have any suggestion, considering my profile atm?
Another internship (maybe sth like BNP) could offset the "poor" GMAT score?
Btw that GPA means top 1% of the class (i don't think it is too impressive for a not renowned uni).
Thank you for your help!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts