It is currently 20 Jan 2018, 17:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MS Finance profile evaluation.

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

MS Finance profile evaluation. [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2017, 23:03
Hi I am applying to STEM Designated MS Finance program in US and would like some help.

I am an Indian male, graduated from a decent Indian university in Economics. GPA 3.1. GMAT 690 (Q49, V36)
I have also cleared Level 3 of the CFA program.
I have been working as an FP&A analyst at a mid size textile firm for the past 2 years. Also recently I have also started to work as a financial consultant pro bono with an early stage solid waste management start up.
I have participated in several extra curricular activities during my college and also volunteered, but after college, working and preparing for the CFA exams took all my time.

I am targeting MS finance programs at following universities:
MIT
Rochester
Rutgers
Tulane
SUNY buffalo
Fordham
Syracuse
Brandeis
Babson

Scholarship is crucial for me and my goal is to work as a buy side analyst in USA.
I wanted to know about the quality of these programs and also the career prospects post graduation.
I would also like to know how competitive my profile will be for entry level jobs in the US and what I should do to improve my chances to secure a job there.

Expert Post
Director
Director
S

Kudos [?]: 112 [0], given: 2

Re: MS Finance profile evaluation. [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2017, 23:47
Competitive with all the schools except MIT. Issue is only a handful will be optimal when it comes to finding a job. I would focus on STEM certified programs to allow for extra OPT time. Rochester and Tulane are probably the best on there, with Rochester giving you the best opportunity at NYC jobs.

Master in Finance HQ
http://www.msfhq.com

Kudos [?]: 112 [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 14 Dec 2017, 22:43
Hi MSFHQ, I am also applying to STEM Designated MS Finance program in US and wanted some help.

Profile:
Nationality : Indian female
Educational background : Chartered Accountant from India, Bachelors in Commerce (3 year course) with a GPA of 6.52/7, Currently also pursuing a Diploma in Banking and Finance (to compensate for the 16th year of education required by a few Universities in the US)
Work experience :
Internship : As a part of the Chartered Accountancy course, I had done an internship with Deloitte in their Statutory Audit department (September 2012 to September 2013). Post which I have interned with a mid-size taxation firm (Sept 2013 to Oct 2015).
I have worked with Ernst & Young in their International tax team (Nov 2015 to December 2016) and now I am currently working with Tata Trusts, one of India's oldest and most reputed philanthropic organisation as a Consultant since April 2017.
GMAT Score: 660 (V 33, Q 47)
TOEFL : 114

Extra-curricular activities:
Have a Master Diploma in an Indian classical dance
Have been a part of Young Leaders for Active citizenship and have assisted the Member of Parliament with the policy drafting.
Have won a lot of awards in dance while in college and have organised the inter-college fests.

I have got an admit from Rochester Simon School of Business fr MSF Fall'18 with a 30% merit scholarship.

I wanted to know how competitive my profile is for the following colleges:
Vanderbilt (MSF)
UIUC (MSF)
WULS Olin (MSQF)

Please help!

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Dec 2017, 23:18
MSFHQ wrote:
Competitive with all the schools except MIT. Issue is only a handful will be optimal when it comes to finding a job. I would focus on STEM certified programs to allow for extra OPT time. Rochester and Tulane are probably the best on there, with Rochester giving you the best opportunity at NYC jobs.

Thank you for your reply.

Re: MS Finance profile evaluation.   [#permalink] 14 Dec 2017, 23:18

MS Finance profile evaluation.

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap