GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Feb 2019, 18:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in February
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

MSc Finance - Bocconi: Video interview

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
MSc Finance - Bocconi: Video interview  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2019, 08:41
Hey everyone,

I'm applying to the MSc Finance program at Bocconi. From what I understand, it is not mandatory to submit a video response on Kira Talent Platform.

However, should I opt for it or avoid it?
My academic profile is strong, but my presentation skills are only at par.

Posted from my mobile device
Board of Directors
P
Re: MSc Finance - Bocconi: Video interview  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2019, 09:34
Top Contributor
At a closer look into the Bocconi webpage if you go to the page of MasterOP the interview is mandatory.

However, in the Master of your interest, it is not .

Nonetheless, they strongly recommend you to the interview because it is an evaluation point: it will show who you are.

The face, how the student could react and respond to certain question is really important for the adcom. Even though it doesn't say the whole story about you.

In my opinion you should go for the interview. You will be much stronger and competitive

Hope this helps

COLLECTION OF QUESTIONS AND RESOURCES
Quant: 1. ALL GMATPrep questions Quant/Verbal 2. Bunuel Signature Collection - The Next Generation 3. Bunuel Signature Collection ALL-IN-ONE WITH SOLUTIONS 4. Veritas Prep Blog PDF Version 5. MGMAT Study Hall Thursdays with Ron Quant Videos
Verbal:1. Verbal question bank and directories by Carcass 2. MGMAT Study Hall Thursdays with Ron Verbal Videos 3. Critical Reasoning_Oldy but goldy question banks 4. Sentence Correction_Oldy but goldy question banks 5. Reading-comprehension_Oldy but goldy question banks

Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
D
Concentration: Finance
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2019, 10:07
satvik1997 wrote:
Hey everyone,

I'm applying to the MSc Finance program at Bocconi. From what I understand, it is not mandatory to submit a video response on Kira Talent Platform.

However, should I opt for it or avoid it?
My academic profile is strong, but my presentation skills are only at par.

Posted from my mobile device

Hello satvik1997

I can see your profile must be strong, since you scored 740 on GMAT.

I understand your point and your concern.

Still beware that even if interview recording is not mandatory, you may end up having live interview before getting possible admission.

If you really want to avoid interview, I suggest you apply also elsewhere...since there is good probability that someone can admit you just based on your stats.

I suppose that is your goal.

Having said that, bottom line is that you will face this issue one way or another, even with colleagues in classroom or at job interview, so sooner you start to practice the better.

Good Luck :geek: :cool:

Your kudos are much appreciated

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2019, 03:22
I would say that you should go for the interview even if it is not mandatory.
Not only does it showcase that you are very keen on the school's program, but it also earns you some additional space for the Adcoms to know you better.
Also, I don’t think that you can avoid interviews altogether if you want to get into a good school, so it is a good idea to start preparing for the same.

Secondly, Kira is a recorded video interviewing platform so with a bit of preparation you will feel more comfortable with the idea of presenting yourself over an interview.

Feel free to check out this resource to help you prepare better. This is a comprehensive article that talks about how Kira Interviewing works, how can you prepare for it and also gives you the option to download the Kira Interview e-Book.

Here’s the link: https://www.mim-essay.com/kira-talent-v ... -questions

Good luck!

Abhyank Srinet
Founder at http://www.MiM-Essay.com

MSc. in Management(MiM) Admission Consultants

Get consultation from graduates of HEC, ESCP, ESSEC, LBS & Duke

Feel free to message me, if you have any MiM/MSc. related questions or want a detailed Free profile evaluation

GMAT Club Bot
Re: MSc Finance - Bocconi: Video interview   [#permalink] 05 Feb 2019, 03:22

MSc Finance - Bocconi: Video interview

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap