GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Sep 2018, 18:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Msc Finance HEC/LSE profile evaluation

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Msc Finance HEC/LSE profile evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2018, 10:39
Hi everyone!

I am planning to apply to either a Msc in Finance or Msc Strategic Management at HEC Paris or LSE. I believe I have a solid profile but I am still unsure about the likelihood of getting admitted to any of the aforementioned programs. My profile is as follows:

-Bachelor degree in Economics at the most recognized university in this field in Spain. Grade: 8.6/10 (top 5%)
-1 year exchange program at The University of Chicago + taking courses at Chicago Booth School of Business (Corporate Finance, Strategic Management...)
- Actively participating at my University Consulting Association. Additionally I ended up 2nd at the last year’s Case Consulting Competition with a Jury of members of Bain, BCG and McKinsey in the final round (they invited me to the recruiting process later on)
- Start Up founder and I lead my team in the Mobile World Congress start up competition of 2016 where we ended as European Semi Finalists which helped us to get funding later on.
- 2 summer Internships. The first one as Financial Analyst at a well-known multinational and now at a Strategy Consulting Boutique.
- Languages: Native catalan and Spanish, Proficiency in English, Intermediate in French and very basic German.

The problem I am currently facing is that I don’t have much time to prepare the GMAT due to working long hours at my internship. Do you think I have good chances of getting admitted into these programs and which grade range do you guys think I should be aiming too? As I previosuly said, I don’t know whether I will be able to score the median GMAT for the class intake.

My goal is to work at MBB but I don’t want to close any opportunity to work at IB.

Thank you in advance!

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Msc Finance HEC/LSE profile evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Aug 2018, 04:03
Hey denim96,

Hey there,
You have a pretty impressive profile, here are some pointers about the same:
- Your academics look good. Being in the top 5% of your undergrad school is definitely an asset.
- B-schools give a lot of weightage to international experience, hence your 1 year exchange program is a good profile asset. Make sure that you highlight your learnings during the program properly.
- Your work experience is pretty impressive as well. Here are the things that you should look at highlighting:
- Entrepreurial experience can be used to showcase leadership acumen , make sure you highlight it.
- It is great that you have done your internships in Finance and strategy. Since you are targeting programs in the same field , they will be instrumental in showcasing your motivations towards the degree.
- As far as extra-curriclars are concerned, you have some good achievements. However, B-Schools are looking for holistic profile hence I would suggest including diverse experiences like sports and social volunteering.

- If you are looking for HEC, 680 is needed. LSE is more flexible, 650 can work too. But you need to apply as soon as possible with a good score. Also, both these schools will allow you to go in consulting, and investment banking.
- Also, note that both HEC and LBS are extreamly selective schools . So chances are that even with a good profile, you will start at level ground with other applicants.

We had over 38 admits in HEC and about 19 admits to LSE last year, so we can surely help you create a strong application for your target programs.
You can check out some of our testimonials here…
https://www.mim-essay.com/customer-reviews/

Abhyank Srinet
Founder at http://www.MiM-Essay.com

MSc. in Management(MiM) Admission Consultants

Get consultation from graduates of HEC, ESCP, ESSEC, LBS & Duke

Feel free to message me, if you have any MiM/MSc. related questions or want a detailed Free profile evaluation

Re: Msc Finance HEC/LSE profile evaluation &nbs [#permalink] 31 Aug 2018, 04:03

Msc Finance HEC/LSE profile evaluation

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap