GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 06 Dec 2019, 03:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Msc Finance/Msc Accounting

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Msc Finance/Msc Accounting  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2019, 19:43
[size=150]What are the top colleges that I'd be eligible to apply in UK for Msc Finance/ Msc Accounting? I am an Indian student with a Bachelors Degree in commerce.
CGPA: 7.2
I am also pursuing CMA (previously known as ICWA) - not sure whether to include this in my CV or not as I haven't finished it yet. I am currently working remotely in a US firm as an accountant and plan to take GMAT and IELTS at the end of this year and start applying in Jan 2020.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
V
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V30
GPA: 3.97
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Msc Finance/Msc Accounting  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2019, 22:01
Oxford- said school of business
Cambridge- judge school of business
LBS and LSE remains the top choices for finance. If CMA is valid across the globe, you definitely must include it. a GMAT score of 700 plus should suffice

Posted from my mobile device
G
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Msc Finance/Msc Accounting  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2019, 22:59
Swarna6387 wrote:
[size=150]What are the top colleges that I'd be eligible to apply in UK for Msc Finance/ Msc Accounting? I am an Indian student with a Bachelors Degree in commerce.
CGPA: 7.2
I am also pursuing CMA (previously known as ICWA) - not sure whether to include this in my CV or not as I haven't finished it yet. I am currently working remotely in a US firm as an accountant and plan to take GMAT and IELTS at the end of this year and start applying in Jan 2020.

Hi Swarna6387, the most prominent schools for MSc Finance in UK are
Oxford
London Business School
London School of Economics
Imperial College London
Cass Business School
University College London
University of Warwick
For MSc. Accounting and Finance -LSE,Imperial,Cass, Warwick are the strongest brands, Cambridge has an MSc in Accounting which is pretty good.

You can go ahead and highlight CMA, will help in jusfiying your interest towards the program.
UK schools are pretty particular about GPA, so while 7.2 is not a deal-breaker, it is slightly on the lower end and will have to justified and compensated for- This can be done through the application and not Just the GMAT. For UK Schools, except LBS and LSE, most others do not have a mandatory GMAT requirement, so you will need to use your application to play your strengths.
January 2020 deadline is roughly a 1.5 months away - I would suggest you to take a free profile evaluation so that I can divide your target programs into dream, competitive and safe and help you out with some free application resources.
Here's the link: https://www.mim-essay.com/profile-evaluation?gmat-pe

MSc. in Management(MiM) Admission Consultants

92% Success Rate| 1200+ Admits in Top Schools| 1.8 Million Euros in Scholarships

Want to 2X your chances of selection? Book a consulting call here:Book an Appointment
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Msc Finance/Msc Accounting   [#permalink] 24 Nov 2019, 22:59

Msc Finance/Msc Accounting

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: carcass, Mo2men