It is currently 23 Oct 2017, 12:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Msc Finance Profile Evaluation 2017 and suggestions

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Msc Finance Profile Evaluation 2017 and suggestions [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2017, 06:36
Hello,

So today I took GMAT and scored 700 (Q48, V38), and now I could use a little bit of help from you guys on deciding to which universities to apply into. I'm a 24-year-old Finnish male and I'm applying to European business schools for MS Finance programmes for the fall 2017 intake.

Background:

I'm a final year accounting and finance student at University of Vaasa, Finland and I'm expected to graduate with GPA 4.4 on a grading scale 1-5 (1 being the first passing grade and 5 the best).
GMAT 700 (Q48, V38) .
IELTS 8 (lowest score 7, in writing).
Spent two semesters at UCL School of Management in London during 2015-2016, GPA: 70%.
No internships. Worked as a financial assistant in a fairly small financial service provider for three months and as a customer advisor at a major Nordic bank, also for 3 months.
6 months of compulsory military service as a cannon squad leader (do you think I should mention this in my application or as extracurricular activity?).

Situation:

I'm planning to apply to:
Bocconi MS Finance
HSG Banking & Finance
RSM Finance & Investments Advanced
Mannheim Master in Management

What do you think are my chances of getting into the above programs and do you think I should apply to other universities as well? The main reason why I didn't include schools from UK, France or Spain is the high costs of the programs. If I'm missing other good MS Finance programs with tuition costs around 10k€ please let me know!

Thank you in advance! :)

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Expert Post
Director
Director
B

Kudos [?]: 99 [0], given: 2

Re: Msc Finance Profile Evaluation 2017 and suggestions [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2017, 20:00
I believe Frankfurt is pretty cheap. Bocconi puts a lot of weight on the GMAT. I think a 710 is fine with them. You should be fine with the other programs, with RSM being the most difficult to get into, respectively.

I'd include the military service since it definitely is experience and not every country requires it.

Master in Finance HQ
http://www.msfhq.com

Kudos [?]: 99 [0], given: 2

Re: Msc Finance Profile Evaluation 2017 and suggestions   [#permalink] 07 Feb 2017, 20:00

Msc Finance Profile Evaluation 2017 and suggestions

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap