It is currently 14 Dec 2017, 05:25

Decision(s) Day!:

CHAT Rooms | Wharton R1 | Stanford R1 | Tuck R1 | Ross R1 | Haas R1

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Msc Finance - Profile evaluation

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 7

CAT Tests
Msc Finance - Profile evaluation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2017, 00:59
I am a year 2017 BSc graduate of the Stockhold School and Economics and pursue to continue my education in one of the leading universities in Europe.

My profile is as follows:
- D grade in Swedish grading system (126 out of 200 points), which is equivalent to a "satisfactory" mark;
- 760 in GMAT;
- 1 summer internship at Ernst and Young;
- 6 months of work experience as an Assistant Advisory at KPMG;
- 6 months of work experience as a Project Manager (current position) at one of the biggest management consulting companies in Baltics.

My target universities for MSc Finance studies are Imperial College Business, Bocconi, Warwick, St Gallen (MBF programme), and Esade Business School.

My biggest weakness is past academic performance, which I find below the minimum requirements' line of mentioned universities (parties, lack of self-discipline etc. greatly affected the grade). Nevertheless, would there be any chances of being admitted by any of the universities?

Thank you.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 19

GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 4
Reviews Badge
Re: Msc Finance - Profile evaluation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2017, 15:56
eimsav wrote:
I am a year 2017 BSc graduate of the Stockhold School and Economics and pursue to continue my education in one of the leading universities in Europe.

- D grade in Swedish grading system (126 out of 200 points), which is equivalent to a "satisfactory" mark;
- 760 in GMAT;
- 6 months of work experience as a Project Manager (current position) at one of the biggest management consulting companies in Baltics.

My target universities for MSc Finance studies are Imperial College Business, Bocconi, Warwick, St Gallen (MBF programme), and Esade Business School.

My biggest weakness is past academic performance, which I find below the minimum requirements' line of mentioned universities (parties, lack of self-discipline etc. greatly affected the grade). Nevertheless, would there be any chances of being admitted by any of the universities?

Thank you.

Good lord. You have a 99th percentile GMAT, graduated from a well known school, have great work exp, and you wonder whether you have "any chance" of being admitted at Bocconi, Esade, Warwick...???

:suspect

If your essays are decent, you should be easily accepted into all of them. Can I ask you why you haven't considered "top" european programs, i.e. LSE, LBS, HEC, Oxbridge...? You could easily have a shot there.

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 19

Intern
Intern
B

CAT Tests
Msc Finance - Profile evaluation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2017, 06:40
Alessiod wrote:
eimsav wrote:

- 760 in GMAT;

Thank you.

Good lord. You have a 99th percentile GMAT, graduated from a well known school, have great work exp, and you wonder whether you have "any chance" of being admitted at Bocconi, Esade, Warwick...???

:suspect

If your essays are decent, you should be easily accepted into all of them. Can I ask you why you haven't considered "top" european programs, i.e. LSE, LBS, HEC, Oxbridge...? You could easily have a shot there.

Thank you for a reply.

As you have noticed, I elaborated that my final grade isn't very high. LSE, Oxbridge etc. require minimum 2.1 degree, while mine is only 2.2 or even 3rd (I stand somewhere between 65-90% of total students, which is below average), converted to UK grading system. As a matter of fact, "top" European programs strictly require following their minimum requirements, thus my application would be dismissed once it reaches their hands.. On the other hand, maybe you know some people who got admitted at top universities having low marks, but with strong background and GMAT.

Expert Post
Director
Director
S

Kudos [?]: 102 [0], given: 2

Re: Msc Finance - Profile evaluation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2017, 04:10
Yeah, I think your UG scores will hurt you. UK schools especially focus on how you did in UG, always looking for that 1st class honors. I do think your GMAT and work experience will help alleviate some of this. Of the ones you listed, Bocconi might be the hardest to get into (although that GMAT would otherwise get you in with funding). Warwick and ESADE are good options. Imperial is worth applying to.

You might want to look at LSE and one of their "easier" MSc programs to break into. All depends how far off your UG performance is from the class average though.

Master in Finance HQ
http://www.msfhq.com

Kudos [?]: 102 [0], given: 2

Re: Msc Finance - Profile evaluation   [#permalink] 07 Nov 2017, 04:10

Msc Finance - Profile evaluation

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap