It is currently 21 Nov 2017, 21:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Msc. Finance SSE with bad GPA

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Msc. Finance SSE with bad GPA [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Apr 2017, 12:57
Hi,
I would like to apply for Msc. Finance at SSE in 2018, but I'm worried that I don't have a chance because of my GPA. My profile:
Bachelor in business mathematics from well-known German uni, GPA 2.5
GMAT 760 (Q50 V44)
TOEFL 108
Big4 internship in Risk management

I'd be happy if you can give me a feedback regarding my chances or information about the importance of the GPA in the SSE selection process. Thank you very much!!

Posted from my mobile device

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 28 [1], given: 4

Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Msc. Finance SSE with bad GPA [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2017, 23:34
This post received
KUDOS
When it comes to MSc applications, the selection is not contingent on a single factor.
Your overall profile that includes your CGPA, GMAT, Work experience , extra-curriculars as well as your vision & long term goals are taken into consideration.
Your CGPA might be average but your GMAT score and internship experience are pretty good .
So overall, you do make an impressive profile.

Remember, you can always compensate your profile weakness by highlighting your competencies and as well showcasing a strong motivation for the school’s program.
Further you can mention why your CGPA is low in the first place(if you have a good reason) and what you bring to the school to compensate for the same. (Your SOP/Essays will be key in doing this)

Further your bachelors will help, and showcase a strong quantitative background.

You can also get a better idea about your profile by taking this free profile evaluation here :http://www.mim-essay.com/mim-profile-evaluation/.

It will give you a better idea about where you stand & which areas you need to improve.

Abhyank Srinet
Founder at http://www.MiM-Essay.com

MSc. in Management(MiM) Admission Consultants

Get consultation from graduates of HEC, ESCP, ESSEC, LBS & Duke

Feel free to message me, if you have any MiM/MSc. related questions or want a detailed Free profile evaluation

Kudos [?]: 28 [1], given: 4

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 4

Re: Msc. Finance SSE with bad GPA [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Jun 2017, 23:22
Thanks for guiding in detail Abhyank.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 4

Re: Msc. Finance SSE with bad GPA   [#permalink] 07 Jun 2017, 23:22

Msc. Finance SSE with bad GPA

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap