Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:07 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 498 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi SimaQ,
Do you know if the diploma program by itself is good enough to have a good career is enough? What do people say at the university?

The reason is that I dont think I can spend two years studying and I cant get into MSc Finance straightaway as I do not have any Finance knowledge.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
finance wrote:
Hi SimaQ,
Do you know if the diploma program by itself is good enough to have a good career is enough? What do people say at the university?

The reason is that I dont think I can spend two years studying and I cant get into MSc Finance straightaway as I do not have any Finance knowledge.

Well,
As i understood, diploma programme is the acquintance with finance...
Basic principles are explained, but you are not going too much into details.
You can see that looking at the courses in LSE:

Principles of Finance
Financial Reporting and Management and Financial Reporting
Financial Accounting
Managerial Accounting

Then you have options to choose from, which are all pretty much general also....

Thus i believe Diploma would be a good course if you want to seek a strategist carrer in some investment bank.... You know how everything works, you know where to look for info, but you do not have the specific skills....

However, if you want to be an analyst, doing valuations, giving advice to people :) then without a Masters degree you won't be able to do it i feel...

This is my personal opinion...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
That was very useful info SimaQ. Thanks.
But do you think investment banks would be interested in Diploma people at all when they have got enough money to hire the MSc 's and MBA's?

When you visited the school, were you able to talk about recruitment for the Diploma graduates ?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
finance wrote:
That was very useful info SimaQ. Thanks.
But do you think investment banks would be interested in Diploma people at all when they have got enough money to hire the MSc 's and MBA's?

When you visited the school, were you able to talk about recruitment for the Diploma graduates ?

Nope i didn't talk about that.... i think you might be bright person enough to interest investment banks without Msc, however must admit that Msc is a big advantage....

As an example is my brother, he is 26, has a bachelor in Economics from Stockholm school and was hired by JP Morgan recently in London... Thus paper is definetely not everything.....
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts