GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Jun 2018, 20:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MSc in Management

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
MSc in Management [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2017, 08:06
Will pursuing an MSc in Management affect my decision of doing an MBA later?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S
Re: MSc in Management [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2017, 23:29
reevamishra9 wrote:
Will pursuing an MSc in Management affect my decision of doing an MBA later?

Hi Reeva,

I don't think so. People sometimes pursue a second MBA too. Whenever you apply for admissions Why MBA part is always crucial. And if you're able to justify properly that MBA does fit your needs then it will not matter if you an MBA or MSc in Management. Hope this helps.

Best,

Deep A.
Chief Counselling Officer
http://www.EduSimplified.com

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2018, 10:44
i want to know about the MSC in Management studies program of the edhec university. Can anyone please tell me how is it in terms of education and job opportunities.
Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2018, 01:40
Hey Reeva,

Pursuing MSc in Management now will not affect your decision of doing a MBA later in your life. However, both MSc in Management and MBA are general management courses and the difference is

1) MBA is for experienced professional and MiM is for recent graduates.

2) Average course for MBA is 1-2 years whereas in MiM its last up to 10 months-2 years.

3) MBA graduates picked up for mid-level and senior level managerial position and where is MiM for associate or analyst position

4) MBA concentrate on leadership & facilitate communication skills and whereas MiM concentrates on the foundation of a managerial program

5) Tuition fees for MBA are very high compared to MiM.

I would suggest that you do an MSc in Management and look for an MBA or an Executive MBA after you have had at least 5 years of experience in a managerial post to get the full benefit of the program.

For an In-depth difference in between MiM vs MBA visit our blog here: https://www.mim-essay.com/mba-vs-mim/

Abhyank Srinet
Founder at http://www.MiM-Essay.com

MSc. in Management(MiM) Admission Consultants

Get consultation from graduates of HEC, ESCP, ESSEC, LBS & Duke

Feel free to message me, if you have any MiM/MSc. related questions or want a detailed Free profile evaluation

Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
MSc in Management [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2018, 01:44
Hey Shubhaam,

EDHEC is a pretty good school, with a good reputation and is ranked 4th for MiM in France.

If you don't have work experience, the inbuilt internship opportunity in MiM program EDHEC can help you get crucial job experience before you graduate. It has an excellent reputation for management. Additionally, you have options to specialize in the specific field and develop a profile according to your career plan.

Finally, if you have good GMAT (above 650) then you can target the top 3 French b-schools next year since the deadlines for these schools are over for the 2018 intake.

You can check out our EDHEC review here: https://www.mim-essay.com/edhec-mim-review/

Abhyank Srinet
Founder at http://www.MiM-Essay.com

MSc. in Management(MiM) Admission Consultants

Get consultation from graduates of HEC, ESCP, ESSEC, LBS & Duke

Feel free to message me, if you have any MiM/MSc. related questions or want a detailed Free profile evaluation

MSc in Management   [#permalink] 02 Jun 2018, 01:44

MSc in Management

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap